Tuesday, January 8, 2013

They were breathtaking.


The other night when I couldn't sleep, I did a favorite thing of mine to do any time I am home at my parents : flip through old family photos. I came across the above gem tucked away in an album and couldn't stop staring at this one of my parents before they were married. Before they had six children.

They were breathtaking. My Dad said the love of his life was 19 and he was only 20.


On January 3rd my parents celebrated 42 years of marriage.

9 comments:

Skye said...

such a beatiful post!

April said...

So sweet. I like looking at photos of my parents when they were first married. And not so grouchy and bitter. . . But hey, on a brighter note, I can't wait to see you!

Meghan said...

Happy Anniversary to such a gorgeous, happy couple!

Elisse said...

Happy anniversary to your parents! What a sweet dedication to them :)

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

What a beautiful thing love is! 42 years is amazing. ♥

thegirlhassparke said...

love, love your parents love. my parents split up but I have a photo of them when they first got together and they look so young and so happy I still love that photo because our family had twenty good years together and that photo reminds me of that. Brendan and I celebrate 6 years in less then a month - I can only hope we have a love as strong as your parents.

Lauryn said...

Happy Anniversary to your beautiful parents! They've built an incredible family. <3

Christina Monique said...

I love these pictures. I kick myself for not making copies of them to bring them here and frame them :) Love, simple and fun <3

undomestic mama said...

Those pictures are amazing! And they look so happy on their wedding day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails