Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Lauren's Heart.

hi lovies!!!


while i'm home in Wichita Falls, TX enjoying family time (including celebrating my birthday with my twin), some of my favorite friends are blog-sitting my dolce vita in a guest series called, "showing our hearts."  A new one will be posted every week day until i get back in town on March 10th. I'm really excited! they're all pretty hearts and it's such a fun, simple way to get to know another blogger better. 


dear readers, i hope you enjoy each post starting with the very first one today from the ever lovely lauren nicole. love, micaela xo



A Picture : 

My best friend, Stephen, recently moved to Portland. And it's been tough not having his crazy, silly, lovely energy and personality around. He's been busy trying to find a job and getting settled in, so we haven't had the chance to chat; AKA, I miss him. But anyway, these photos is from his going away party last week and I put them together because I like how they look next to one another, don't you? He's one of my favorite people and our hearts are so similar. Not including him in this post would be just plain odd.


A Poem : 

Can you lie next to her
and give her your heart, your heart?
As well as your body
And can you lie next to her
and confess your love, your love?
As well as your folly
And can you kneel before this king
and say "I’m clean", "I’m Clean"?


- Excerpt from 'White Blank Page', by Mumford and Sons.


Even though it's not a poem, Mumford and Sons' lyrics read and sound to me just like poems. If you've ever heard their music, you know just how beautiful and poetry-like it is. Marcus Mumford is a lyrical genius and really puts all his heart into what he writes.


A Song :


Florence And The Machine and Laura Marling are two of my favorite artists/singer-songwriters. along with lovely Mumford and Sons up there. Both of these women have written songs that make my heart swell and my soul grow. I couldn't possibly choose just one of them to represent my heart. Each of these songs are up there in my favorites of Florence and Marling, because I could not possibly have just one favorite from both of them. Why I love both these songs? I can't even put words to why I love both of them, so just listen and you'll see! 


Quote:

"Unusual travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God." - Kurt Vonnegut
 
"Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative place where no one else has ever been." - Alan Alda
 
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is wasted." - Unknown
 
"I'm impossible to forget, but I'm hard to remember." - Elizabethtown
"There is nothing more artistic than to truly love people." - Van Gogh

"the world bursts at the seams with people ready to tell you you're not good enough. on occasion' some may be correct. but do not do their work for them. seek any job; ask anyone out; pursue any goal. don't take it personally when they say "no" - they may not be smart enough to say "yes"." - keith olbermann

"Love doesn't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile." - Franklin P. Jones
 
{Just like my soul sister Caela, I love quotes, so there's no way I could have picked just one!}


An Item of Clothing:

After I lost 60+ pounds last summer, I was able to wear a lot more of the kinds of clothing I like. Unfortunately, I don't have too many photos of myself in my favorite articles of clothing. I have a favorite yellow dress, two green dresses and several skirts. But telling you doesn't help, now does it? Well, I've fallen in love a lot more with shoes in the past 6ish months or so and these are only a couple pairs that I love. I need to take some photos of the heels I've been buying and wearing lately, they are super cute! Stop by my blog someday, I think a shoe post is in order.



A Place: 

My beau's house feels like home. Or wherever he is for that matter. He's one of my best friends and wherever he is feels like somewhere I should be too.

4 comments:

CarrieMarie said...

good song picks! and congrats on losing 60+ lbs! i've been on that same journey recently, and it's awesome but comes w/ some unexpected consequences - such as, i can't wear my favorite skirt now because it's too big! gotta find someone to take it in for me. :)

also - love your stripey socks!! : )

The Poppy Creative said...

Oh this is lovely! I can't wait to see the rest of them blossom. And I hope you have the sweetest time at home. <3

Claire Kiefer said...

Oh my gosh, 60 pounds is so impressive! That's a huge accomplishment and I am sure took a lot of dedication. Congrats!

Jo said...

Cute boots! And, I love the pics of you with your best friend...so sweet!
Nice to meet you! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails