Sunday, July 17, 2011

showing our hearts guest series // a preview.

my little sister maddie is about to marry her childhood best friend and high school sweetheart. i can't wait to be standing next to her as she becomes Mrs. Hamilton. My older sister, her husband, and my two adorable nieces sophia (don't you love the way she's looking up at maddie in the airport?) and marina flew in from italy friday. 
i fly in on Wens. and i can't wait to hug them all and enjoy every minute with my family (not to mention all the eating i'll be doing! oh how i've missed my momma's food!). Sophia keeps asking, "auntie mickey, where are you?" 

since i'll be gone for nearly two blessed weeks, i've graciously asked my favorite ladies to blog-sit. not only will you get to meet some of my favorite reads, you'll see why i adore them so. 
i decided to give them instructions from the last series of guest posts on my dolce vita: "With as much creativity as you can muster, show your heart in: a picture, a poem, a song (or piece of music), a quote, an item of clothing, and a place.

starting wens. you'll get to see each blogger's 'heart.' to give you a preview... 

here's my heart 

a Picture: 

A Poem: 
"Understand, I'll slip quietly 
Away from the noisy crowd
When I see the pale
Stars rising, blooming over the oaks
I'll pursue solitary pathways Through the pale twilit meadows,

With only this one dream: 

You come too."

-Rainer Maria Rilke

A Song: 
(our wedding song)

Quote:

Item of Clothing:

every girl needs a lace dress for impromptu date nights.

Place: 
Mark Twain once said, "The Creator made Italy from designs of Michaelangelo."  Photo of Venice by my brother marco.


*starting wens. the 20th, stay tuned each day to see beautiful hearts (i love how different each one is)and say hello to each fabulous girl visiting? 


thank-you! xo

14 comments:

A'n'G Johnson said...

I adore your heart series. and can't wait to read all your guests' versions

Jen said...

Your nieces are just too cute! The heart series is really nice, thanks for sharing yours and I'm looking forward to those of the guest bloggers!

Unknown said...

Congratulations to your sissy Maddie...Have fun with your lovely family! I will surely be checking out your heart series! Safe travels!

kimbirdy said...

oh this is a lovely series! i can't wait to see the other beautiful hearts this week. have a fantastic time with the fam!

Karena said...

This is so lovely!! I love such romance!!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Come and enter my Giveaway, a very special painting!

Sara said...

This is so sweet!! Congratulations to your sister and her husband to be. I love your family! I can't wait till my sisters and brother are all grown up and have husbands (and a wife) of their own and such (I am the eldest)

Amanda said...

Wow -- you finally get to be with your whole family?! How wonderful is that! Love the guest post idea too; what a fun way to get to know a bunch of your friends.

P.S. Will make sure to email you sometime before the 20th.

Erin {pughs' news} said...

I LOVED doing this guest post for you back when you and Max were travelling to your new home in El Paso! Wow. You've been there half a year now... Really looking forward to reading the guest posts while you are having some fabulous family time!

I have a sketchy internet connection out here on the side of the lake... Alan found it for me so I could quickly check on my blog (and the blogs of my favourite friends!) I loved this post, and the last one. I want that t-shirt! Alas, we don't have that shop in Canada.

And thank you so, so much for what you said about my guest post on Not Your Average Ordinary. I had a hard time putting into words how I feel about blogging. If I were there, I would give you the biggest hug!

Lots of love from me, in my little cabin in the woods!
xoxoxox

Elaine said...

you are going to have one amazing trip back home!!! :)

Anonymous said...

congrats to your beautiful sister! i hope you have a wonderful time.

ps love the picture of you and husband kissing. so full of love. xoxo

Cole said...

I love this idea! So adorable, can't wait to read more!

Meghan said...

I so cannot wait to read everyone's posts! Have the most incredible time, my dear!

Sarah said...

I'm so looking forward to these guest posts! Thanks for letting me blog sit, too. Have a great celebration vacation!

Claire Kiefer said...

These were so fun last time & I can't wait to read them all again. Also excited to hear stories and of course see pics of the wedding (especially the beautiful bride!).

Related Posts with Thumbnails