Tuesday, October 18, 2011

giving / receiving sparkle.

As you might already know, i love a good swap. My dear friend Kaileen hosted a Sparkle Swap where you send another blogger four unique gifts-- a bit of sparkle, a treat that soothes, something sweet, and a surprise. I was excited to receive my sparkle gift today from Heather of Day Dreams & Fairy Tales.

sparkle included chocolate raspberry coffee i can't wait to try out, journal with glittery pencils and cupcake stickers, "lay seeds not stones" packets, wine coaster with wine stem charms, and two of my faves-- a book and chocolate. Heather, i've already devoured the espresso filled dark chocolates and wished there was a world market nearby so i could buy some more! thank-you for a wonderful swap package xo


i got Ginna of My Pretty Pennies who wrote this very sweet write-up about my swap package to her and why i chose each four things. 

getting to know a blogger through swaps are my favorite. 
*speaking of swaps, it's almost that time of year for the ornament exchange on my dolce vita! 

13 comments:

Gracie said...

As usual you send out the most beautiful packages. And I love that each thing has meaning :)

You received some lovelies too. A sparkle swap sounds fabulous.

Can't wait for the ornament exchange again!! xx

Heather Moore said...

I'm so glad you liked your package! I'm sorry it came so late. I sent it out the first time to an imaginary address.

Check your mail in the next few weeks. If I can find those candies again I'll send some your way. I grabbed the last 2 packs at my store and haven't seen them since.

xo

Unknown said...

Looks like fun!! Especially because I love anything sparkly!!

Erin said...

I love your ornament swap!!!

CarrieMarie said...

okay, she picked an awesome coaster! i had that same coaster IN MY HAND for you, but then decided to wait til christmas. LOL

and - ornament swap!!! yay!!!!

thegirlhassparke said...

I havent participated in a swap for so long, I need to get back into it.Are you doing your ornament exchange again?
Love the scarf you sent out.

Claire said...

ah great swap! It seems we are paired up for the Happy Mail Project postcards eeeee exciting!!

April said...

I'm kind of mad at myself for not getting in on this. . .

ORNAMENT SWAP! THAT I'VE NEVER BEEN A PART OF! OMG I'M SO FUCKING EXCITED

evasuejane. said...

i would love to be part of a swap! [:

Nomi said...

these swaps sound so cool! how does one get involved in them?
also, did my mix cd ever come?
love, naomi

Micaela said...

heather, i loved it!!! xo

april + eva, this year you MUST join in my ornament exchange!!! the first year i did it, i made so many lasting friendships and love that it's an annual thing on my little blog. april, i had fun exchanging with you when you got back from your euro trip ;)

naomi, different blogs host swaps (right now my friends leesh + elisse are hosting a scarf swap: http://blarkness.blogspot.com/2011/10/warm-hug-scarf-swap.html) and you just sign up. My ornament exchange will be next month so be on the lookout for that :) it's a lot of fun!!! i love showcasing the different ornaments people send each other. No, sadly i never received your cd mix :( i would have thanked you instantly!!! when did you send it? xoxo

Sharni said...

I can't wait for your ornament swap too! xo

Erin {pughs' news} said...

I have so much to discuss with you (have you read on my blog about my mother-daughter trip to New York?!)... time to start a good long letter, I think.

I can't wait for the ornament exchange. It's the third year now! Hard to believe. I'm so happy you got me that first year, sweet friend.
xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails