Friday, March 9, 2012

Bethany's Heart.

Hello, Micaela-lovers! I'm Bethany, and I write about my daily life over at Rinse. Repeat.. I'm so happy that our girl Micaela is off enjoying herself...she's one of the loveliest girls around and certainly deserves it! Selfishly, I'm even more elated to be doing a bit of filling in here at Dolce Vita. :) Without further ado, let me show you my heart:


My heart in a photo:
(photo by Flory Photo)

My husband and I on our wedding day...December 31, 2011. We had a teeny, tiny surprise wedding that was planned in eight weeks, from two different countries. It was insane and beautiful...nothing I ever thought my wedding day would be, and yet so much more.

...in a poem:
I must confess: I am not a lover of poetry. (Please don't hate me forever.) That said, I have to go with this Irish blessing. I met my husband on a trip to Ireland, so it's close to my heart:

You are the star of each night,
You are the brightness of every morning,
You are the story of each guest,
You are the report of every land
....
You are the kernel of my heart,
You are the face of my sun,
You are the harp of my music,
You are the crown of my company


...in a song:



...in a quote:
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde.
I truly believe that discovering who you really are...and accepting it...is one of life's greatest joys and struggles! Perhaps you never fully achieve it...but I like to think it's possible.


...in an item of clothing:
Glitter + ballet flats. Does a better combo exist? Perhaps peanut butter and jelly. That aside, both glitter and ballet flats are a part of my day-to-day life. So when the two came together? Well, it was me to a tee. :)


...in a place:
Paris, Paris, Paris. I took this photo from the top of the Arc de Triomphe...I walked down that road just minutes before getting engaged, and I was completely clueless. Paris will always been ingrained in my heart!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You wedding photo is lovely and so is your heart! I peeked at your blog and its so welcoming I might just follow it. I loved it :)

Sarah Dawneé said...

Lovely guest post, Bethany! =)

Claire Kiefer said...

What a beautiful picture of Paris and a sweet story!

Em-Jae said...

awfully sweet post <3
Happy weekend!

Gracie said...

I adore Bethany. This is such a beautiful post :)

My-cliffnotes said...

LOVE Paris.

Tab
my-cliffnotes.blogspot.com

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Oh Bethany... I adore her. She is such a delight and I am so happy that she's so happy with Gabe.

How lovely to find her here today!

PS: Welcome home, M. xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails