Thursday, March 29, 2012

when i first fell in love.

First, a heartfelt thank-you for all your darling comments and well wishes on our baby announcement (and on my twinkie's blog). Our mini me is already loved by so many and nothing makes this mama-to-be happier! 

I didn't know what to expect at our first appointment. Everything I had read said to expect a lot of paperwork and for it to be your longest one. I didn't think we'd have an ultrasound that early so it was such a sweet surreal and emotional surprise that i got to "meet" my baby.

My legs were shaking and tears welled up in my eyes when i saw my little "kidney bean" on the screen. There is nothing like hearing your baby's heartbeat for the first time. 

At 8 weeks, that's when i first fell in love.


ps. i realize these things are hard to make out... Baby Maxham head is at the top and it's body is curved (like baby's on it's side) and that little nub in the middle is his/her hand. 

also! for those of you who've asked, we don't know what we're having just yet. We find out on April 24th and yes! we want to know. ;) i'm pretty sure baby will feel my butterflies until then. 

20 comments:

Belen said...

DUDE :D ♥

April said...

lkdsafjlasdkjfldaskfjsdlkfj Okay, I don't know if you know this, but babies scare the shit out of me. BUT OMG I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOURS! It's like you hate kids until you have one, well - I SORT OF hate kids until you have yours. haha ;) So excited for you and that little kidney bean!

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

♥ That moment will last forever!

Brown Girl said...

Oh my gosh, I'm behind! Congratulations, so happy for you!!!

Carolyn said...

Micaela!! I am overjoyed with your blessing! I know you are going to make an amazing MOM!! So creative & passionate about family!! Congratulations and much luck & Love!! xoxo Carolyn

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Oh the first time I heard my baby's heartbeats... I'll NEVER ever forget it.

Am so happy for you, M, and looking forward to following along as you make the journey to motherhood. You'll be marvellous at it!

xoxo

Stina G said...

I feel a bit like Rachel in that Friends episode where no matter what, she can't see the baby. Regardless, the picture gives me butterflies! :) So excited for you.
xox.

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

CONGRATS!!! That's so awesome!!

What a small little baby. You're going to make a great mom :)

Skye said...

such a cute little baby! as i mentioned before i'm just thrilled for you and i can't wait to hear the gender of your baby. that is such an amazing moment....you have many amazing moments ahead of you :)

Unknown said...

oh my goodness!! congratulations xo

Unknown said...

oh my gosh! congratulations! how amazing :)

CarrieMarie said...

oh, i love baby pictures! God's blessings for sure!! *HUGS* i feel bubbly for you & chip!!

The Poppy Creative said...

I see baby maxhams skull! thats excellent. he/she is a badass pirate baby peanut.Woohoo.

Rhianne said...

oh gosh I wish i lived over there, I want to pat your belly and say hi to your little bean :) still so excited !

lindsey said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tiffany denise said...

My suggestion is to take your phone and record the audio of the little heartbeat. When I was getting anxious and was needing that comfort I would listen to Thomas's heartbeat. It was just what I needed when I wasn't able to see him on a sonogram. Love you!

Unknown said...

So happy excited for ya!

The Childlike Empress said...

oh! i missed the announcement in the first post somehow! CONGRATS!

Elisse said...

Congratulations! I've been away from the blogging world for awhile, and am happy to reading this wonderful news! You will be an amazing mom :)

kateigh said...

So so so so excited for you!!! It's such an amazing experience. I can't wait to hear all about your adventure.
<3

Related Posts with Thumbnails