1. My favorite book growing up was "The Doll in the Garden" by Mary Downing Hahn. A ghost story that both scared me and made me want to cry. I have a copy of it thanks to my bestie, one of the first things she ever gave me .
2. The funniest book I've ever read was low brow humor: "I hope they serve beer in hell" .
3. The one book that has truly changed my life is "The Diary of Anne Frank." My twin sister first read it and shared it with me & it's still amazing to think someone so young surrounded by a war that killed those who believed in what she did... saw the world as we should all see it- "Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart" .
4. If you're looking for a real "tear jerker" you should probably read "Tales from the Bed," a memoir by Jenifer Estess. Sarah Jessica Parker said this about Tales: "Touching and inspiring... It's like having lunch with a delightful and hilarious friend who you wish could stay on into the evening just for one more story, one more tale."
5. If I could meet any author living or dead I would want to meet Jane Austen. Oh is there any more perfect answer?
6. The next book on my "to read" list is
I loved the film so much that afterwards, i went online and ordered a copy of the book. The director's wife actually wrote it .
7. If I was snowed into remote cabin in the woods and could only choose three books to bring with me I'd bring "An Italian Affair" by Laura Fraser, "The Time Traveler's Wife" & "Eclipse" - the love triangle between Jacob & Edward would keep me warm - i could imagine being in the sleeping bag with Jacob while Edward was pained he couldn't help me- er, i mean Bella...
Play along over at Lauren's. I'm always on the look-out for next must-reads... I can't wait to read your answers! x