Thursday, May 5, 2011

New York, I love you.

we had such a magical and busy time experiencing all NYC has to offer (including meeting some of you fabulous girls!) that i seriously had to cut down our hundreds of photos. 

we were incredibly lucky to have Karina share not only her home but her wonderful family with us. who am i kidding, she is family... from the very start when we met a year ago on blogger we felt that way and all four days we were in NYC, we were all inseparable. I'll gush about her tomorrow but for now i had to share bits and pieces of mine and twinkie's trip!

the first night we were in NY, Kary took us all around the wonder that is Time Square 


while in NY, i also had a blog/real life dream come true... i finally got to meet a kindred spirit, the beautiful meg fee. we had super yummy organic vegan dishes at Candle Cafe.
i love this photo because obviously i'm smitten with her, but it truly shows how fun it was to meet someone you feel like you know (as she pointed out, it was as if we were in "freshman 101" together when we first starting this blogging world). I am so thankful that even as her blog grew to the thousands (because how powerful are her words? like this recent post... oh perfection), she is so down to earth which made me adore her even more. 

we were so sad to miss the start of the blogger meet-up in Central Park (thanks to the Sunday train schedule out of Hawthorne, NY were we were staying at-- near to my older sister's work conference) but thankful to meet the girls that were still around.

i was glad to finally meet Summer!

i love this photo of marianne and lady liberty 

and! how is this for a NY experience? i got interviewed in Battery Park by WPIX-TV. ha! (too bad i wasn't wearing any make-up!) It was so funny because the other girls ran so fast as soon as they saw the news crew but being a former reporter, he didn't have to ask me twice (we laughed about this!). It was pretty symbolic to be visiting NY during such an announcement.

and if we're going to do all the sights of NY, i insisted we get a sister's photo with the Naked Cowboy!!! (that's our older sister Maria next to me and kary) i LOVE Kary's expression when she saw us do the grabbing. 


it's amazing how fast four days goes and how much you cram into them when you're seeing NY for the first time. 

i wish we had more time to meet up with everyone which is all the more reason to start planning our next trip-- especially when we did all the sight seeing on this one. 


So for all the fabulous NYC bloggers i didn't get to meet this trip, next time let's promise! xo

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely miss NYC!! It looks like you had such an incredible trip and your photos are great :) x

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Fabulous photos, Micaela! It looks like you had a really wonderful time, seeing the city and getting to meet some dear blogging friends. I'm looking forward to hearing more!
xoxo

Unknown said...

You have such a pretty family! I'm so happy to hear you had tons of fun here. Can't wait to meet up next time. :)

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

Looks like it was great trip!!! Next time I will take the train up and we can have a fun thrifty day in NY

Unknown said...

wow!! lots of fun!

Karina Pacheco said...

I LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH my beautiful sister!!!! I am SO happy we got to spend so much time together, and that I was able to shoe you around my city that I love so much not as much as my beautiful sisters though :)

I miss laughing and walking around with you girls and pigging out - lol!

I am so happy you had a blast and look forward to spending time together again and hugging my beautiful sister Micaela and Miguelitos Tia Mickey!!!

LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!! XOXOXOXO

Kaylia Payne said...

What an amazing trip!! It all looks so fun!! That's so cool that there are blogger get-togethers, it's such a close-knot community :)

CarrieMarie said...

those are some gorgeous photos, and i'm so happy to read you all had a wonderful time!! : )

April said...

That's my girl with her hand all up on the Nake Cowboy. You guys look like you had so much fun!! Glad you did NYC right. :) :)

Jo said...

I love NYC...and I adore Meg Fee!! What a great trip you had!! :)
My former roomie, and still great friend, lives near Times Square and works at MTV Times Square. I HAVE to get out there soon!!
xox

Jo said...

Had to swing by again tonight to let you know that I absolutely still adore you...despite that whole Mavericks/Lakers thing! :)
xox

Claire Kiefer said...

I loooooove seeing all these photos! And I'm dying for more. :) Clearly you packed everything into your trip, got to meet some amazing people, and I know you were so happy to be with your sisters. You and Marianne both look gorgeous in all these photos--and happy!

Stina G said...

Looks like you had a great trip!
And what is with the naked cowboy?? Hahahaaaa. Nice.

Claire said...

looks fantastic! x

Rhianne said...

eee, it looks like you had such a great time and yeay for meeting other bloggers too!

you and twinkie are coming to england next right? ;)

Connie said...

Looks like you had a fab trip!
I remember when we were in New York and suddenly on Times Square there was the naked cowboy... I had never heard of him before, and my husband and I laughed so hard we forgot to get his picture:)

Gracie said...

Oh Micaela! Your NY trip look wonderful. It looks like you had such a fantastic time meeting bloggers and dear Kary.

An unforgettable trip I'm sure :)

:: Lavender's Green :: said...

So much fun! What a fantastic four days!

x Jasmine

Lacey said...

That looks like so much fun! I love all of your pictures! What a fabulous trip!!

Marisa said...

I am loving all these photos. Meg Fee... my first blog crush after you. That food you ate looks SO yummy... and how gorgeous are you and your Twinkie! I love that green top. I am so glad you had the best time... xoxo

i said someday.... said...

Oh my gosh.....that last picture cracks me up!!
I can't wait to see more photos and hear more about your trip!!
I'm glad y'all had such a fabulous time!! :)

sheba said...

so much fun in all your photos! next time our trips will have to coincide with each other!

you're gorgeous, with or without makeup!

Alyssa said...

NYC looks absolutely amazing. Ah-maz-ing.

I cannot believe you saw the cowboy guy! I thought he was famous now and had a tv show or something - clearly I am soooo outta the loop hahaha

That pic of marianne and the statue is just stunning!

thegirlhassparke said...

Oh Micaela, it looks like you had so much fun. You got to meet so many friends, I love the second photo of you and Meg Fee its just delighful. Glad you had a wonderful time.

Sarah said...

Ahhh! This looks like such an amazing fun time, and seriously, it looks like you were there for two weeks you packed in so many adventures! Next time I go I'll be asking you for tips. Glad you had an amazing trip. :)

Haylee said...

Ah how awesome would it have been if we would have been able to meet up while in NY? That definitely would have made my trip about 100x better.
Your pictures make me want to go back! Candle Cafe is the best, I went there back in August when I was in the city. Judging by your picture it looks as if we sat in about the very same spot too. :)
hahah LOVE the hand placement in the last pic. I definitely missed out on the naked cowboy experience.. dang! I guess just another reason to go back. :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE all your pictures! You fit so much into your trip to NYC. Your group picture from the meet up turned out great!

Lauryn said...

I am so late seeing these photos, but it looks like you had an absolutely magical trip! You looks o happy in each of these photos. How did I not know you were a reporter?!

Amanda said...

I am officially booking a trip to NYC this year (perhaps in the Christmas season?). These pictures are just too good.

Love you in those skinny jeans, by the way. :)

Leesh said...

Looks like you had great fun! It's always nice to catch up with old friends and meet new ones.

I can't wait for the day when i finally get to go to NYC.

Related Posts with Thumbnails