Friday, November 11, 2011

happy things to end the week with.

 thrifted score (one of my absolute favorite love stories)
♥ because i lurved these over the knee boots in black, i had to get the grey pair. Since it's still BOGO (+ my 15% off coupon) i scored these faux vintage oxfords for $6.50. I'll be pairing them with stockings to wear with my dresses.

love this ornament from 12 legs curiosities
♥ today was the last day to sign up for my ornament exchange and i am thrilled by the response! it seems each year just gets bigger and better (what a mundane description on my part ha but you know what i mean). i'm going to tackle getting everyone paired this weekend... wish me luck! 

♥ and lastly but most importantly, we end this week remembering our Veterans. Here's my favorite one, my pappa. There's not enough thanksgiving in my heart for all our troops currently serving. 


Happy Friday Lovies!!! what happy things are you ending the week with?

+please leave a link below if you do post-- i'd love to share in your happiness xo


10 comments:

Kitty said...

Dearest Friend,
I miss you!
love and hugs,
Kitty

p.s. I hope you made lots of wishes today.

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Here's mine: http://pughs-news.blogspot.com/2011/11/happy-things-to-end-week-with.html

Can't wait to find out who my swap partner is... And to send you the perfect little thing I found for you the other day.

xoxo

Claire said...

Mr D and I see a lot of veterans at the shows we go to. They always get the VIP treatment, and they like that people like us are keeping the vehicles going, and people can come and see them and learn about the past. I alwys get teary eyed when the WW11 Veterans go past in the jeeps. They have seen so much.
We have Mr D's Uncles uniform from Vietnam, we wear it when we are exhibiting sometimes and always get offers from people wanting to buy it. As if we would ever sell an heirloom like that.

Meghan said...

Sigh. The Way We Were. Classic! :)

kitten roar said...

girl, now i know why i can never find the perfect cute shoes at payless: YOU BUY THEM ALL! i must be blind or going into the wrong store, because i can usually never find anything i love in there (and when i do...i'm broke :|) hahaha ;)

and happy veterans day to your daddy. my dad's a veteran, too!!

Gracie said...

I've never seen that movie. I will definitely have to check it out.

i can't wait for my swap partner :) It's one of my favourite swaps!

Claire Kiefer said...

Awww, you're gonna look adorable in your new Oxfords! I've been craving some new shoes lately, too. :) I know you're gonna be appalled (but probably not surprised, haha) but I've never seen The Way We Were. . . although it always reminds me of Carrie "K-K-K-Katie!!"

I'm so excited for the ornament swap!

Elisse said...

I'm so excited to be joining the ornament swap! And the shoes are so cute! I have a similar pair in rose gold!

Anonymous said...

love the way we were. such a fabulous love story. xoxo

Kailey said...

I love your oxfords, and your blog header is just stunning! ^^

Related Posts with Thumbnails