Friday, April 8, 2011

happy things to end the week with.


^catching Maverick mid-pout (look at those little paws!)

^working early in the morning, i've been taking long naps when i get off at 1 pm, just because i can't sleep early at night (i'm such a night owl). it has really messed up my sleep schedule but i swear, i sleep so good during said cat naps! like today? i dreamt i met robbie williams... it was very real.

^april is full of birthdays so lately putting together birthday parcels have been so much fun! (and if you can make out the doily tag, you'd know i was working on the one for my girl fiancee)


^i'm one of those who loves looking at people's decor and i fell head over heels for kat's living room tour of her and daniel's charming cottage. The colors... the furniture... the sentimental pieces that are just beautiful. i want to be their house guest!

^the thought of being in NY and meeting a few of my dear NY bloggers... girls, details soon! me & lindsey were thinking of a minnie get together? how amazing would that be?! (this photo is hers. she always makes NY seem as magical as i imagine it to be) i can't wait! i'm so ready for a holiday with my sisters and i'm so thankful to have a sister who can make this trip happen for me.

did i mention it was going to cost an extra $800 to fix my car? ...
but obviously that wouldn't be part of any happy post.

le sigh.

dear readers, that has me under some pretty blue clouds (among some other things) so please forgive my absence in your beautiful worlds. i plan to spend a lazy saturday evening catching up!

and if you've had a week (or the last two weeks) like me, you are not alone. i like being in this boat with you, if we have to be in this boat but things will get better because frankly it can only get better.

xoxo

18 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm in the boat and it WILL get better! :)
xoxo -j

beca said...

it seems like everyone is in a funk right now. But, girl, we'll all get through it!

jenna ♥ a little blue said...

boo to $800 dollars for your car. unexpected silly expenses make me cringe. :( but the rest of this post is lovely!

Kayla Poole said...

I was in the boat this week, and it did get better! Feeling jazzed about that.

Kitty said...

Dearest Micaela,

My house is your house. You are welcome anytime. I am the same way about "cat" naps. I love them but only if they last 2 hours. I hope this weekend bring magic and rejuvination your way. You my dear, are fabulous.

love love,
Kitty

p.s. We're having a giveaway on my blog to celebrate National Poetry Month. I would love to see what you came up with for a favorite poem and photgraph of El Paso.
Also, your BA should be there soon. I wish I could see your face when you open it. hugs.

danielle and dinosaur toes said...

#1 i love how much you love robbie williams. so silly and cute! i had a dream the other night, and i can't remember who was in it, but all i know is, he was hot! hahaha!

#2 wooooo, i'm excited about the doily! and it will be prominently displayed on my fridge.

#3 i have that green vase that's to the left of the frame in that picture with the chalkboard! i think i only paid like 25 cents. score!

love you pretty girl fiancee, and i hope you have a good weekend! xoxo

SweetLime313 said...

oh sweet thing, hope that things start looking up for you soon. I certainly know what its like to be in what seems like a never ending funk. Sending you lots of love.

April said...

I love all these photos right now. Like a lot. They're all big and pretty. Does that make sense? lol

I'm trying to enroll in a summer online class and luckily that's not going to cost an ass ton because I'm already spending way too much money to go to school where I do normally. I was afraid it was going to be like $1200, but it's looking more like $500. Which is still a lot, but for me not having to take calculus next year, I'll pay $500 bucks to have nice mental health.

Maddy said...

how cute is little Maverick!!! that picture is so adorable. Sorry about your car :( that's no bueno

Micaela said...

kitty,

i truly hope one day i can be a house guest at your charming house!!! <3

and! i got my BEAUTIFUL BA giveaway!!!! it's more gorgeous in person-- and my husband loves it. i CAN'T BELIEVE MY LUCKY STARS!!!! esp. after suuuch a hard past two weeks and counting. please give him a THANK YOU with all my heart! it's beautiful.

and i'm so thankful to have won. You both made my week!!! xoxoxoxoxxo love you!

Meghan said...

I love the fact that you're going to NY! It's the most amazing city ever!

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Hello my darling M!

Am sitting up in bed, hot water bottle and cup of tea to keep me cozy, and catching up on my favourite blogs. I feel as though I've been gone for weeks, and not just the few days it's been since my surgery!

I'm so glad that, despite the lousy time you've been having lately, you still managed to come up with some happy things to end the week with. Especially that upcoming trip to New York! You will send me a postcard, won't you?

Do you work on Tuesday? If not, perhaps we can have a skype date. I hope to have moved downstairs to the couch by then!
xoxo

heather said...

happiness to you going to nyc! i've never been there either. i hope you enjoy it crazily. and hope it helps bring you out of the blues... definitely don't want to think of the car blues... we have em too. hugs to you!

Alyssa said...

you are so talented my dear, i have never considered typing on doilys! Maybe i should stop laughing at my nana for using her type writer rather than her laptop and steal it!! :)

Gracie said...

Isn't Maverick a cutie?! That sweet little face!

I hope things get better for you lovely girl :( I hate it when things like this happen in our lives. *Huge* hugs.

Hopefully your dream of meeting Robbie Williams will be real one day. xx

JacPfef said...

i am in for a little get together!! can't wait! let me know details!! can't wait xx

nicole lelacheur said...

Not sure which I love more, the puppy or chalk board frame. So cute!

Lauryn said...

I'm sorry to hear that your car is becoming an expensive nuisance! I'm sure things will start to change for you soon :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails