Friday, July 29, 2011

Gale's Heart.



Hi, I'm Gale from Wichser Studio! I'm delighted to be here for Micaela, as she's away celebrating with her family. I swear Micaela is probably the sweetest thing that happened to the net. I always know where I can come to find inspiration and a bit of romance -- Ok, a lot of it, which is why I love Dolce Vita so! Thanks for having me here, sweetie!

Here is my heart:)

A picture:  
The last night of our recent Florida trip, night swimming with my husband, brother, and cousins. Every time I see Jeff getting along so well with my family (and vice versa), it makes my heart swell up like I've never quite felt before.

(an excerpt from) A poem:  
"The Anthem"
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.
The birds they sang
at the break of day
Start again
I heard them say
Don't dwell on what
has passed away
or what is yet to be.
Ah the wars they will
be fought again
The holy dove
She will be caught again
bought and sold
and bought again
the dove is never free.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.
                          
-Leonard Cohen  


A song: My feel good song at the moment from one of my favorite bands.



A quote: “Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on fire.”  -St. Catherine of Siena

I actually first saw this quote on Micaela's post on the Royal Wedding and instantly stored it in my heart.


An item of clothing: 
My dad helping me with the necklace I made for my wedding day. I love this moment.

A place: 

The majestic, Redwood Forest. I want to be where those humongous trees stand! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that necklace is beautiful.

Sarah said...

I'm so glad that Gale was one of your guest bloggers! Gale, thank you for sharing some of these amazing family pics from very special moments in your life. You looked so beautiful on your wedding day! And I also want to live in the Redwoods.

A'n'G Johnson said...

what a stunning wedding portrait! love it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails