Friday, July 8, 2011

happy things to end the week with.

♥ she may be my twinkie's soulmate but we have matching rocks... mine (above) and april's (first pic) friendship rings.

♥ the only thing that can make a random tuesday better (especially a tuesday when i get called into work on a day off) is when husband takes me on a movie date. We saw Larry Crowne and i was absolutely charmed. Tom Hanks? such a celeb crush!

♥ excited to have plans with candice... finally! remember when she was our neighbor? they've moved to a bigger house (still in el paso) but with my part time job sometimes requiring me to close on fridays, our date nights have been affected. good thing i get off at 5 today!

♥ sitting outside on our back porch with stella bear on my lap (i love how she put her leg over mine!) silly pic but it made me giggle.

♥ night time reading with husband before bed. mine, love in the time of cholera // his, the collector

 and this last one... if you're like my girl fiancee and hate country music, don't press play (ha) but i am a Texan and during the summer there is nothing like good country blasting on your radio!

my girlfriend jessie sent me a country mixed tape and let me tell you it made my day before going to work yesterday. She played this one for us girls in san francisco and it brought tears to my eyes. So beautiful and if you're ever been lucky to experience love like this... (even the painful kind) you'll relate to these simple and gorgeous lyrics.


makes me want to be dancing in a country bar with the person this song reminds me of...

M, i thought of you when i heard this knowing you'd love it if you haven't already heard it.


Happy Friday Lovies!!! what happy things are you ending the week with? 

+please leave a link below if you do a post-- i'd love to share in your happiness xo

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love that picture of tom hanks and julia roberts. BEAUTIFUL. the rings are gorgeous and i adore randy rogers band. kiss me in the dark is one of my fav's by them. xoxo have a good weekend love!

ty said...

Umm, I LOVE your ring and nails.

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Here's my list of happiness: http://pughs-news.blogspot.com/2011/07/happy-things-to-end-week-with.html

I'm so excited to see this movie on Sunday night with a girlfriend. Anything with Tom Hanks is bound to be wonderful really, isn't it?

I'm so glad you've had a good week. Love those side-by-side books on your bedside table!

Happiest of weekends, lovely M!
xo

kimbirdy said...

tom hanks is in a movie now? it's been a long time! i'll have to go look up the trailer for that movie. i hope you have an absolutely fantastic weekend my dear!

Claire Kiefer said...

Those matching rings are absolutely gorgeous! I've been coveting a rocky ring/necklace/jewelry piece and might have to make a trip to Danielle's or Sarah's shops! Although I really need to be on financial lockdown. :| I love both of your nail polish, too! You know I'm not one for movies, but I love me some country music!

Unknown said...

Those are some fabulous looking manicures lady!

Faiza said...

thank goodness for country music! thanks for touching my heart today friend!

April said...

FRIENDSHIP RING! I didn't even think of that. OF COURSE! :) :) <3
I really want to see Larry Crowne! I love going to movies so much. The next one I think I'm going to though is the Harry Potter midnight premiere! Eeee :) I'm going to be so sad when it's all over though.

Gracie said...

I love doing this type of post now. I do it each week :) You need to have a button I think because I took the idea from you!

I love that you have friendship rings. I think I will have to start doing that with friends.

I love that your sweet Stella put her leg over yours. So cute. x

Claire said...

love the ring, and the nail varnish! I love when hubs and i sit reading next to each other in bed. :)

:: Lavender's Green :: said...

LOVE your friendship rings!

x Jasmine

Karina Pacheco said...

I love this post!! Ok so I've been craving a rock ring or necklace for a while and when I saw you got yours from Target I flew not ran, but literally flew there and nothing!! I seriously hate my Target here they never have any of the cute things you guys have - booooo!!! I love the pic of Stella and you ;). And the one of your nightstand with your book and Max's. I love chilaxing with Humbe at night me blogging or reading and him
catching up on his sports news or what else. It's so sweet yet intimite at the same time! I love you soooooooooo much my beautiful sister!!!!!!! xoxoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails