i love these tags because this kind of randomness may not come out in regular conversation and i'm all about random factuals.
1. Meet Maverick, my bichon frise. She's named after my favourite Dallas NBA team. I let her sleep in bed with us most nights... much to the dismay of my husband-to-be.
2. i believe in handwritten letters. i wrote the below to Gemma, sharing a time in my life that included an island mattress in a new home/post breakup. I recently joined postcrossing, asking senders to tell me about their day, share a favorite excerpt from a novel, or confess a secret I'd keep. (these are the kind of messages i write)
3. i have a twin sister i call twinkie. i love being a twin, there is NO relationship like it. This is our first time being apart and i miss her.
"A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost."
4. my winter wardrobe is my summer one with stockings/tights.
5. my kitchen decor is roosters. Sounds cliche, i know BUT there's a story behind it. Back when i was anchoring my weekend morning show, there was a story about a cock fighting bust. I wouldn't say "cock" on air. For some reason, it didn't feel right to say it on a sunday morning so i said "rooster fighting" instead. My then best friend (now brand new fiance) laughed at me for this and since then, i've collected artsy roosters for our kitchen.
6. i kept sand taken off an italian beach from this picture. The little fish souvenir is from Croatia. The italian romance of my dolce vita gave it to me after visiting Croatsia (how he pronounced it).
7. you all know i'm a wino. i'm a sentimental one at that: i've kept all the wine bottles me and Max have shared on important occasions.