Monday, March 21, 2011

Stay Handmade Etsy Swap : in/outbound.


monday's usually dedicated to a postal service blog here at dolce vita, but today i want to highlight the latest swap i participated in. For jessie's stay handmade etsy swap, she partnered two bloggers together and from there you exchanged brief bios and favorite etsy shops with one another. I love the concept because not only did you get to support handmade {and you know all about my etsy addiction} but meet a new friend in the process. I was lucky enough to do just that when i was partnered with the ever sweet Amanda over at Itchin' Stichin'

the deadline to send out swap packages isn't until the 25th, but we had exchanged so many emails right off the bat, we were both excited about the swap we got started right away. here's what Amanda spoiled me with!

she sent me these adorable cards/postcards from BibbysRocket
 she also sent me this custom map pendant from Designs by Taylor2u with a note that said, "I know how much you love your state. Now you can carry it close to your heart wherever you go." I absolutely love it!

that was just the etsy side of the swap. we also sent each other a little gift. her gift to me was extra special because Amanda is a crafting goddess, so i love that she included something so beautifully handmade for our house, along with other micaela-esque goodies.


doesn't she get my taste perfectly!? thank-you so very much Amanda for being the swap partner of my dreams! xoxo

for amanda, i decided to use her etsy favorites as if it was a gift registry. these are the two items i sent her for our swap.

this beautiful mermaid print from Artist Andrea. Amanda mentioned wanting to revamp her bedroom and i fell in love with the colors in this piece. I thought it would be perfect in a vintage frame. 

i also really love how amazing the artist/etsy owner was! usually it takes 5-7 days for printing, but when i mentioned it was for a blog swap, Andrea not only generously got it out to Amanda faster, but she also threw in the eco tote bag with one of her original art drawings. {andrea is seriously the kindest to wok with and her shop is full of beautiful one of a kind art-- you should check her out!}


i also got this vintage ballerina hankie from random retro. i always carry a vintage hankie in my purse but with this one, i thought it'd even be pretty framed. 

since amanda loves vintage tins like me, i sent her this one because i loved the top.

as you can see, me and amanda were perfect for each other!


thank-you amanda for being a fun swap mate and cheers to our new friendship xoxo

jessie, thank-you for hosting such a fun swap! (love you)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the cards she sent you with those adorable little egg holders and the bag you sent her is fabulous! great swap!

Karena said...

Micaela how fun matching up like this!! Wow wonderful items and I think I must spend more time on Etsy!!

Come and enter my luscious Giveaway for Bath & Body!!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Wow, she really captured the essence of you with those gifts. They're perfect!
xo

PS: I adore that hankie! It's just lovely.

Claire Kiefer said...

SO SWEET! I love the things she sent you, and how sweet is that necklace!? You, of course, chose wonderful things for her as well. You told me about the mermaid print, but it's even prettier than I imagined! I'm impressed that both of you have gotten each other's gifts so quickly! My swap partner and I have both ordered each other's gifts, but neither have arrived yet. :) Thanks for sharing with us my darlin. <3

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

How fun! What a great idea for a swap!

Claire said...

Ahhhhh these are fab! i cant wait for mine and your Twinkies! xx

Gracie said...

Wow you girls were perfect for each other. I love the postcards she sent. And the little fawn.

I love that print you sent her and the tote bag is cute. I will have to check out each shop! x

Lauryn said...

Cute stuff! Thank vintage hankie is adorable with the little dancers on it.

giddynici said...

What fabulous swaps goodies. I love the egg cup postcards and the hankie. x

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

YA you did get your necklace :) I am glad you love all your items - I have been finding good homes for all my goodies. I think the best swap present though was friendship.

jozen said...

everything is so sweet and fun!

Meredith said...

I'm so excited to see what I get from Claire @ Bicoastally in the Etsy swap and to post about what I sent her! Love love love all of your gifts. Looks like y'all had a very successful swap!

Related Posts with Thumbnails