Tuesday, June 21, 2011

i don't think there's anything better than your girlfriends + wine in one magical city.

my heart is full after experiencing the girls trip of my dreams with claire, jessie, and my twinkie marianne in San Francisco! 

my sweet claire was a most gracious hostess, sharing the magic of the bay area with all of us (and if you've been to SF, you know there's so much to see it's impossible to cram it into 4 days). Even though jessie and us twins go back to college, all of us together felt like we had been close girlfriends for years. In fact, the first night we were all together we stayed up drinking wine and sharing life stories til 4 a.m. (which really was like 6 a.m. to marz & jessie)!

and that's pretty much how every night was... one giant sleepover swooning over Jax Teller (claire introduced us to the amazingness that is "sons of anarchy").


(sporting my Tumbleweeds sunglasses!)


jessie is a true hippie at heart that it was a dream come true for her to be walking around Haight and Ashbury. We passed Mom's Body Shop Tattoos and Piercings and as soon as jess heard the tattoo gun, she was in heaven. She had been wanting to get imagine on her foot and on the spot she decided she must get it while on Haight street. isn't it gorgeous? in john lennon's handwriting no less!

 our friend katy also lives in SF and met up with us. once upon a time we were room mates and they all worked together at the Newspaper in Wichita Falls, Texas. Now here we are, four girls from small texas/oklahoma towns in one of the most beautiful cities!

{wearing my pastel and gold plated crystal druzy necklace by sadie designs and vintage italian pink purse from bows and sparrow}

pretty sure we sang the Full House song when we saw the Painted Ladies and discussed episodes of Full House like they were people we actually knew! hilarious.

and of course you can't have a girls trip (especially girls who love their wine) without going to Napa Valley! it reminded me so much of Tuscany. We went to Luna, Rubicon Estate (where i purchased Sofia  Rose & a pink sofia wine stopper), and felt like rock stars at Larkmead Vineyards.
btw, i love the dress i'm wearing! i bought it at claire's favorite boutique, Ambiance. One of the first things she ever gave me was a headband from there. 

 i was really smitten drinking coppola wine! 

with my better half on the porch of larkmead

besides napa and baker beach, we experienced some of SF's amazing restaurants. Pretty sure i haven't stop dreaming of Zachary's Chicago Pizza, the salsa and veggie burrito at Papalote, the bagna cauda (minus the anchovies) at The Stinking Rose, hazelnut + strawberry shortcake double at scream sorbet, sangria and rainbow salad at Burma Superstar, wood-fired pizza and the best gin tonics at pizzaiolo, and the ever popular tostada at Mustards in Napa Valley.


i miss these girls so much! (i already want to start planning our next trip) what a truly amazing time with friends i love so much. 

23 comments:

Alyssa said...

I am so excited that you saw the full house houses, i mean whats a trip to sf without seeing it! but you really really saw it!! oh my!!

looks like you had an amazing trip you lucky girl xx

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

AW how fun! You all look so happy in your pictures - it's obvious that you had a blast! You got to do/see so much in the time spent there :)

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

It looks like it was a blast :)

lol on the full house - the minute I read that and saw the picture the theme song popped into my head

April said...

Gosh, that does sound absolutely PERFECT! You girls deserved such a great trip! <3

Faiza said...

Love the pictures, especially the smiles! Girl time is so precious and necessary. So happy for your heart!

Lacey said...

So glad you all had such a fun trip and got to spend time together!! Looked like you had a blast! I love all of your pictures!

Rhianne said...

yeay, it looks like you had so much fun and that dress is gorgeous!

Gracie said...

Oh this looks utterly amazing! What a wonderful trip to share together. You all looked like you had a great time and shared many moments.

I adore that pink bag of yours and the dress you bought. x

Lauryn said...

Girl time and vineyards and a beautiful city? Sounds like a blast! The photos are lovely, and I'm so glad you gals had a trip to remember!

Erin said...

It looks like you had a truly magical time! :-) There is nothing better than drinking wine with your girlfriends, especially if a little travel is involved.

Anonymous said...

Ohh beautiful! Looks like you had so much fun! Love the beach pictures!

Kristin W said...

What a fabulous trip! I'm adoring that dress from Ambiance too!

sheba said...

rubicon is the only winery we visited in sonoma back in 2005! [it was niebaumm-coppola then]...loved it!

great pics! wish i was there...

Claire Kiefer said...

Ohhhhhh Micaela! This makes my whole chest feel warm and yet I'm sad, b/c I am sitting on my couch watching Sons of Anarchy (in season two now and damn has it gotten intense) and missing my girls SO MUCH. What a dream of a trip. I don't think I would change a thing . . . except make it longer. :)

Impressed that you remember everything we ate! And I'll try to think of Scream Sorbet as a good experience despite the trauma I endured there. :(

Love you tremendously and excited by the prospect of seeing you next in Wichita Falls. :) :) :)

I'll call you very soon to discuss SOA. . . get the DVDs immediately; it's riveting now. Plus I just got to see Jax in the shower. Seriously.

Kara said...

This looks absolutely amazing! You guys all look super beautiful. I'm so jealous you got to frolic around such a beautiful city with amazing girlfriends! <3

Stina G said...

I love the jumping-on-the-beach photo! And that dress is beautiful!

Leesh said...

Do you know if Jessie said the spot where she got her tattoo hurt? I want one there but people tell me getting a tattoo on your foot kills.

Looks like you guys had some fun while visiting Claire. I have to do a wine tour the next time I am there.

Unknown said...

Love all these pics and am so jealous of you. Looks like you all had a fabulous time and got plenty of memories to keep (only a little jealous here).

Erin {pughs' news} said...

It all looks and sounds fabulous! Glad you had such a great time together (as if there was ever any doubt!)

Brandi (of Not Your Average Ordinary) arrives here from San Diego next week. I'm so excited to finally meet in real life!

Becky said...

looks like you did it up right! I worked in the city for almost 7 years, this post made me a bit nostalgic!

:: Lavender's Green :: said...

This looks like so much fun! I love all the photos!

I may have wee'd a little in excitement when I saw the Full House house!!

x Jasmine

green tea and red nails said...

looks like such an awesome time away! girls weekends are one of lifes greatest pleasures :) xx

Anonymous said...

so beautiful. i am in LOVE with her tattoo.

glad to hear you had a wonderful girls trip.

Related Posts with Thumbnails