Thursday, June 30, 2011

my summer reading just got better.


i truly believe a book you love is quite possibly the best gift you could give someone else. I was really excited about the blogger book swap my girl Claire co-hosted: "what better way to spread the love than to swap books with another blogging bibliophile?"

i got paired up with the beautiful jodi kendall of passport in my pocket. I couldn't have asked for a better swap partner!


here's what i sent to NYC for jodi




{The Pilot's Wife was my first introduction to Anita Shreve, one of my twinkie & bestie's favorite authors}

here's what jodi sent me

she described them as absolutely brilliant and i can't wait to start them! Peony in Love sounds intriguing (love and a ghost story intertwined? yes please!) and Girl In Hyacinth Blue i wanted to start as soon as i read the description

jodi, thank-you for such a fun swap. you completely made my summer reading that much more exciting xo

and another thank-you to claire and lindsay for hosting a swap after my own heart. 


if you participated, what books did you send/receive? and if you missed out on this swap, what book would you have sent? 


12 comments:

Melanie said...

loveee your blog!

Leesh said...

It's kinda funny that you both used black lace to wrap up the books.

I have yet to receive my book from the swap. But my swap partner emailed me to say that the package she sent got misdirected. I haven't sent a book to her yet because Canada Post as on strike all this month. I can't wait to see what I get though!

April said...

Yay swaps! Tell me how those are when you finish!! :)

Lauryn said...

A love story AND a ghost story together? That sounds so interesting! Let us know how you like them!

Claire said...

i love giving people books. I'm one of those friends that will buy your child a book for bdays because i just dont think children read enough!! haha they are all probably thinking when they see the gift wrapping...oh no not ANOTHER book from Auntie Claire hehe
People quite often buy me book tokens..which works for me...but i do like it when someone has thought about which book to buy me :)

Anonymous said...

i'm sad i missed out on this.. i have some amazing books i would love to share and am always down for new books. thanks for the suggestions. i will definitely have to put these on my book list.

thegirlhassparke said...

Such a fun idea for a blog swap. I have read another one of Lisa See's books and it was fantastic so I am sure that one will be great as well.

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Did you put the ribbon on both books or is that a HUGE coincidence?

Sounded like a fun swap but I don't have any books anyone else would want to read lol :(

Erin said...

The Girl in Hyacinth Blue is wonderful!!! You're going to love it.

RIPplePuddle said...

That looks so awesome! Looks like you have your summer reading down.
If I were part of the swap, I would've given some lucky reader Veronika Decides To Die. I read this book in two nights and I didn't want it to end. It was magical in every way...and so full of the most honest observations on living a true life that you can possibly find in a publication. I highly recommend.

Meghan said...

Ahh! How did I miss this amazing swap???

:: Lavender's Green :: said...

How did I miss this swap?!

Those books look amazing! And I love that you both used black lace ribbon.

x Jasmine

Related Posts with Thumbnails