Friday, June 3, 2011

happy things to end the week with.



♥ discovering a used bookshop near our house (my favorite). i'm really excited to read ali macGraw's biography and a new to me book by one of my favorite authors. {april, i'm still jealous you got to see steve martin in the flesh!}


♥ mixed tapes. i love making them because it's very much like giving a time machine to someone else. i'm exciting about round two of the mixed share swap going on at Bianca's.


♥ after an exciting MAVERICKS win, finally going to bed only to see Bubbles in my spot under the covers and everything.

♥ speaking of husband, i ordered this for one of Max's birthday gifts for his morning coffee making.


♥ your response to my giveaway! if you haven't entered, i hope you will --- ends june 8th. i haven't stopped wearing my handcrafted bracelet so whoever wins, i know you'll love yours. thank-you to everyone who's spread the word. you make me smile xo

♥ this movie trailer (thanks steph!)



♥ and i'll leave you with this quote my friend erin shared on her beautiful blog:

Give me books, fruit,
French wine and fine weather
and a little music out of doors,
played by someone I do not know.

-John Keats

Happy Friday Lovies! xo

18 comments:

Erin {pughs' news} said...

This Erin loves that quote, too!

Wonderful list of happy things to end the week with, M. Thanks for reminding me about the giveaway. I will enter this weekend for sure.

One of my happy things? The postcard from you that came yesterday afternoon. It's fab!

I promise to write soon...
E xo

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

All happy things! Happy weekend :)

RIPplePuddle said...

Ali McGraw is like. MY IDOL!
You have to've seen Love Story. Her wardrobe was legit!

The Childlike Empress said...

i love discovering my local second hand book store.

i also love a Ewan MacGregor movie....although i do prefer it when he has his Scottish accent.

Claire Kiefer said...

Happy Friday! All those things are really lovely. :) I'm excited for this weekend especially because my cousin (who is like a sister) comes to town tomorrow! YAY! And today I got to have a wonderful birthday celebration over vegan pizza with my dear friend Brady. Praying the rain will hold off!!

A'n'G Johnson said...

fabulous quotation. I'm so excited that you are announcing all these amazing swaps. I can't wait to participate in the CD one!

beca said...

i love used bookstores, i think there is one by my house, but im not allowed to buy anything for a while. boooooo.

Gracie said...

This quote is just beautiful! I like your happy things list posts because I like to do the same thing on my blog now ;)

Ohh another mixed tape swap. I will have to get into that one again!

And used book stores. They are always fun to search out treasures. Actually next week we have the Life line (a charity) bookfest. It's going to be great! x

Oh, My Darling said...

That quote pretty much sums up my life. Love it!

Claire said...

that spoon is great :) my happy things to end the week with is a well deserved day off!!

LCR said...

what a wonderful mix of stuff going on here! the spoon (and your man/dog 'spooning':)) is super cute. The writing on it is a great idea.
Thanks for coming by my blog. Following yours now, hope to keep in touch!
xo
L

Meher said...

If this is not awesome, then what is!

Faiza said...

lovely things to end the week with! i loved lansens' the girls. i think about it all the time. so interested to hear what you think (especially as a twin)

happy week ahead sweet micaela!

i said someday.... said...

Awww, I love that spoon! So sweet!
Doesn't that movie look so cute??
Me, Gage, and Leah had gone to see Insidious and they played the previews to this. Me and Leah looked at eachother and said,"Awwwwww"!
Gage was like...seriously?
haha.

Diana Mieczan said...

That spoon is so amazing!!! Im totally inspired to find a great second-hand bookstore in my area:) Happy Monday, my dear
Kisses

Ps: I’m hosting a beautiful skirt GIVEAWAY today! Perfect for summer picnics!

Meredith said...

What a sweet picture of your babies!

Stina G said...

I really want to see that movie now, it looks sweet & wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

Red Boots said...

That spoon is so cute: what a lucky guy!! x

Related Posts with Thumbnails