Monday, June 27, 2011

The Pampered Swap.



it's true i love a good swap but this one i was especially excited about because it was my friend April's first swap! everyone should enjoy being spoiled right? what made this swap more fun was no two people were sending to each other so there was the surprise element of who got your name.

i was happy that Phoenix got me! if you've visited her blog, you immediately know what a talented artist she is. i'm always amazed by crafting goddesses... i mean instead of putting my gifts in a box, she painted a gorgeous nude on the outside. 

phoenix was worried that i'd feel "skimped on" since a lot of my gifts were hand made so she tried to make up for it. i wish i could playfully shake her! hand made to me has always meant more than anything store bought. she went above and beyond for her swap gift that i almost felt guilty unwrapping everything. 



sending me the above would have more than sufficed the actual swap (again, i love the home made lavender salt scrub she made me more than anything!) 



but then she also included the cutest vintage toy i will save for our future baby, button magnets, a venice mug to add to my coffee cup collection, and home made orange filled french bon bons that were delicious! she also sent me a plethora of snacks, including my favorite chocolate ferror rocher, articles on van gogh, another home made banner that says, 'kiss me you fool' and recipes from her kitchen to try out.

clearly i was spoiled and then some.

phoenix, i was overwhelmed by your generous heart. thank-you so much for making me feel special xoxo







i was sending out to alexandria. Since we hadn't met before the swap, i decided to do a theme for her package based on tip from april's original swap post,  'send a piece of jewelry that would make Marie Antoinette proud!' Marie Antoinette was my muse.


these were the pieces i started with : bracelet i fell in love with at target and a relaxing mixed cd i made for her
+ my momma made the doily 


i  wanted everything to smell like dessert (and of course i included my favorite cookies!). She mentioned being a newly minted red lipstick lover so i bought sally hansen's red crackle overcoat to match, along with my favorite Boots hand cream

+ you can see alex's sweet blog post about what i sent at her blog here.

thanks april for hosting-- cheers to your first swap! 

15 comments:

Claire Kiefer said...

You'd already told me all about what Phoenix sent you, but it's even more amazing seeing it all laid out here. Incredible! She went sooooo overboard and everything is lovely.

The packages you send out are always so beautiful and thoughtful. Anyone who is your partner is lucky. And you didn't tell me you'd bought Alexandria crackle nail polish!!! And you were standing there with me when I bought gold crackle at Sephora!!! Which by the way I LOVE. You know how I feel about nails . . .

love you!

Claire said...

wow. both those packages are so fabulous! And i agree about handmade. I love it. I remember the first year i dcided that most of my Chritmas presents would be handmade. When i mentioned it Someone actually said to me 'oh are you on an economy drive' I could have smacked her one.

A'n'G Johnson said...

Aww Micaela, you have a way of making me blush. It really wasn't that much considering what a wonderful friend you've been this whole year! You deserve to be overly pampered!

Alex Byer said...

Heck yeah for swapping fun time :) And your package was equally as gorgeous and lovely as the one you sent to me :)

Karina Pacheco said...

Awwww my sweet sister I'm so happy you got pampered by such a sweet and thoughtful girl! Her package is amazing!! All of her handmade goodies are spectacular especially the nude painting, I am loving that love sign so much I want to steal it - there I said it - hehe!! Love all the details ;). Oh and the package you sent amazing also!! I love everything and the theme even more ;) Perfect pamper swap!! I love you my beautiful sister xoxo ;)

Anonymous said...

Ohh awesome gifts! I absolutely loved the swap, although I haven't yet posted what I got. *fail*

Lacey said...

Oh my gosh both of those packages were amazing!!

Oh, My Darling said...

Wow, what lovely and thoughtful swap packages -- looks like an uber-fun one (and reminds me of how fun it was around this time last year when we were swap buddies!).

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Wow. What an amazing parcel full of wonderful things. And how much more special that so much of it is homemade. I'm getting tired of this Canada Post strike... I have two swaps to be doing, and can't do them! And a stack of letters to send, too. One of them is for you!

xo

kimbirdy said...

wait you're in el paso? i thought you were in fort worth for some reason and i was going to see if you'd be free mid-november to meet up. we're going to a wedding in dallas. sad! well, if for some reason you're in dallas in mid-november let me know. :)

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

What great swaps :)!!! I'm sure you both felt pampered.

April said...

I didn't realize that was BOOTS hand creme. Boots was probably my favorite store while abroad... please tell me they have them here?!? Or did you get that at Target? I know they sell some Boots products...
So glad you enjoyed this. Thanks for being the springboard for all my little ideas. :) <3

Gracie said...

Oh wow! You girls spoiled each other. She doesn't think sent you enough! Her package was amazing. And hand made items are just the best.

I love that you had a theme for yours. Marie Antoinette loveliness. And of course the most beautiful packaging.

Micaela said...

kim, i'm from a small texas town near dallas (that's home) but we moved to el paso in january for husband's job. i go home as often as i can though so who knows? maybe i can plan to be home around then! :) lol

Anonymous said...

i am in LOVE with the bottle caps that say love in them. soo adorable.

Related Posts with Thumbnails