Thursday, February 25, 2010

knick knack exchanges.

remember Danielle's Knick Knack Exchange? The beauty of the swap was to send off something that described you. My exchange partner was Carin of Already There. I sent her off a little jar that could be a keeper of beautiful buttons, a vintagesque frame, and since i love postcards; i included an antique postcard found at an old shop.

Carin was so sweet to say that what she loved most was probably my hand written note. That made me smile.


the talented and sweet Brittan of Little Owl Arts got me and it was fate because i actually won a giveaway she was hosting too. Seriously, lucky! She sent along the cutest little hand made owl who i've named Sebastian, hand made card that included the most beautiful feathers & a note i loved reading about her, spring earrings she also made, and a hand crafted nuno felt garland inspired by the Scandinavian culture she is intrigued by.

Max loves it too!

i wish i was a craft goddess, because i believe hand made gifts are the best. Thank you sooo much Brittan xo


and thank-you Danielle for hosting such a fun swap!

17 comments:

Brittan said...

aww, you are so sweet, Micaela! I was so happy you were my knick knack partner!!! And I really love seeing you hold up the flags... made my day! I also LOOOOOVE the thank you note you sent!!! (I am meaning to post about it when I get my camera going). I am so glad you like all you gifties! (and that max likes the flags too) Have a good one!!!

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Sebastian is adorable! And I love antique postcards too...

You are a craft goddess! Your valentines were divine!

xo

Lauren @The Little Things We Do.... said...

ooooh! so jealous of your cute little owl! yay for the gift exchange!

xo
{Lauren}

Belen said...

LOVE the name Sebastian. :)

And totally love the picture of you modeling the garland, haha.

drollgirl said...

i wish i was a craft goddess too!

i made a birthday card for my mom. it was actually a pain in the ass to do it, but it turned out pretty well. sigh. all this crafty stuff takes a LOT of time, and it generally requires more talent than i have. oh well!

thegirlhassparke said...

I love the little handmade owl so adorable!
I also love the postcard you sent out.
A very fun swap indeed!

Krissa said...

um...awesomeness!!! i am jealous!!! i love that owl!
i do think you are crafty....i loved your valentines cards you made. super cute and crafty!

Caroline said...

handmade gifts are always the best!!! Love, Love! xo

jozen said...

ooohhhh!!lucky gal!

i can't wait to get my knick knack :)

Unknown said...

how lucky you are! i feel like i always miss these swaps...*sigh*...LOVE the owls...and i also love/collect postcards. been looking for a postcard pal!...if you know any (wink, wink) let me know :)

A'n'G Johnson said...

Fabulous box you sent off! I love the wrapping! oh the little things...
And what you received made me squeel. I am slightly obsessed with owls, almost as much as peacocks

Brandi said...

What an awesome exchange idea! I'll have to keep my eye out to see when the next one will be. This would be so much fun to do.

Unknown said...

awww. swaps are just so fabulous. and sebastian is the cutest little owl i've ever seen!

i'm itching to do another swap soon... especially after looking at all the goodies people got in the knick-knack exchange!

Anonymous said...

What a fun swap! By the way, I loved reading your comment about your rooster collection and why you collect them. So funny!

http://minivanlife.wordpress.com

e said...

Oh My Gosh! You are like the queen of exchanges! be sure to let me know of any cool ones you come across! I enjoy them too!

Hows the Dexter watching coming along???

Fallon said...

Ooo very neat :) I loved doing the swap!

Brown Girl said...

Ok seriously, I need to join in these swaps, they look seriously amazing! I wish I was more crafty too. I sewed a pair of pants for my brother the other day and he laughed and said they looked "jankey". ;( Epic fail.

Related Posts with Thumbnails