Thursday, February 25, 2010

youth.

while unpacking a couple of boxes, i found childhood photographs of an ex boyfriend. My first serious ex boyfriend. The first guy i dreamt of spending forever with.

i knew he should have these, that they no longer belonged to me.


inside the card, i wrote this:


"As much as I'm going to miss these (my little Jolie) I know that you should have them. I found them tucked away in an old wallet and was sad...

sad for failing this little boy.

"Think only of the past as it's remembrance gives you pleasure." -Jane Austen

ps. I am so thankful you are still part of my life."




and honestly i am.


i often forget that he was very much my heart's first lesson. I don't give him that credit because i'm much too blind from a greater love than i've ever known.


but Once Upon a Time....

14 comments:

Rachel Elizabeth said...

Its good that he's still a part of your life. Cute kid too.

Sanja said...

awwww, look at J's pic:) he'll be happy when he gets it!

Sara said...

That made me sincerely smile!

Marisa said...

how great that he is still in your life and thoughtful of you to send him his pictures back and that Jane Austen quote is one of my favorites. I seriously think that lady had it all figured out... maybe in my next life I will get to sit down with her and have a chat...

Maddy said...

This is going to sound very, very cheesy, but although I don't know you much beyond this little corner of the internet, by the way you speak about things I know you have a beautiful heart and soul. :D

It's very nice of you to send it back!

gina marie said...

...........


=)

Anonymous said...

awww how sweet :D

KW said...

PRECIOUSLY cute!!!

Jen said...

Aw, he's so cute, but not as cute as your Max!

You are so wise, Micaela, and you send the most thoughtful notes to people! If I found a picture like that, I think I'd either shove it back where I found it or throw it out! You've turned finding it into something very beautiful.

The Childlike Empress said...

what a beautiful post.
its nice to look back and rememmber the good things and what we learned

Anonymous said...

you are a good girl micaela. i hope you know that.

The Depressed Yogi said...

Aww I love this, M. I so wish I could be friends w/ my ex-loveofmylife, but... I just don't see that happening. xoxo

Yelena R. said...

That is so sweet...

Anonymous said...

you are so cool lol. i don't think i could ever send anything back to my ex. it's good that you guys are on good terms.

Related Posts with Thumbnails