Thursday, February 18, 2010

"To send a letter is a good way to go somewhere without moving anything but your heart."

As you know, i love swaps. There's something about putting together little gifts that will make another stranger's day. The bonus is getting happy mail in return. I wanted to let you lovies know about two things going on that i'm excited to take part in.


Stationary Swap hosted by Megan over at Time After Tea


i have this love affair with bakers twine & postcards. This swap meets my fancy: "The idea is you send your partner some stationery whether it be paper, envelopes, postcards, pens, ribbons etc feel free to use your imagination and in return you will receive a package full of lovely stationery. "

Paper goodies? I'm smitten. I signed up here.





I first heard about this fantastic art project through my girlfriend J over at Life & then again through Danielle at Dinosaur Toes. Basically this notebook will travel all around the world and someday reach your door step. You'll have a page that will be your free forum to make your mark (a quote, doodle, movie review- whatever your artistic heart wants to share). You can follow the journey here, and sign up while you're at it.


perhaps we'll get paired in the Stationary Swap? any other fun swaps you've just signed up for? i just love these kinds of things.

12 comments:

Sara said...

oh oh oh stationary!!! I love stationary! I always buy all the things I never use...I have no idea why lol

Brittan said...

Paper fetish here, I love paper and cards and ribbon and whatnot! I will have to check this out!!!

Unknown said...

thank you Micaela. i love both ideas...signed up for both!!! have a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous said...

omg i just signed up for notebook journey that's an awesome idea!!! im heading over to the stationary sawp right now to check it out :D thanx for sharing!!!!

happy friday!!

Erin {pughs' news} said...

I've signed up for the stationery swap. Am super excited about it! Pretty paper makes my heart beat faster :~)

Still haven't received my book swap. Strange. Yours came already, didn't it?

KW said...

I LOVE paper goodies too! The problem is, I buy a TON of them and then. never. use them!!! What a fun swap!!!

Melissa A said...

Both of these sound like a great way to connect with others and do something fun a the same time. I'm going to check them out.

Brandi said...

This stationary swap sounds like a lot of fun. I so wish I had time, but I need to finish some papers for school before I take on any new projects. Have a fantastic weekend!!

Micaela said...

yay for more sign ups :)

erin, no I haven't received my book swap either. I was thinking perhaps it's coming from overseas so i'd wait awhile more... I'm glad I'm not the only one then ;) I'll let you know when mine comes in. Perhaps we'll get paired in the stationary swap? :)

Lauren said...

Thank you for posting about the notebook!

Cassie said...

I love stationary too and when I spotted this over on Rhianne's blog I knew I had to join and then spotted Erin and now you had joined! Perfect swap idea I think.

Love the idea of The Notebook - flying all over the world!
xx

Marisa said...

i signed up for that Notebook one awhile ago... i just love the idea. i can't wait to receive it for my turn.
xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails