Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Tuesday: July 29, 2008 Keys.


This weekend at one of my last breakfasts (probably) after the weekend morning show, we were all having lunch and over our pancakes and eggs, somehow matt brought up his keys. He keeps his old office key on his keychain, mixed in with a bunch of other ones. It reminded me of a movie I saw recently and of which, I bought the soundtrack of this weekend.

"My Blueberry Nights." It's Norah Jones' first role in a film and includes a great cast including Rachel Weiz (amazing!), Natalie Portman, and of course (of course!) a very sweet Jude Law. I def. recommend this movie. You feel the emotions cos they portray them so well. And movies have the amazing power to make you feel like anything is possible. That you really can meet a guy like Jude Law. :)

There's a part in the movie that stuck out to me and it has to do with keys (hence the start of this blog). Looking at Matt's keys with all the old keys still left on, I thought of a line from the movie. Jude Law owns a cafĂ©'/diner and has a fishbowl of keys people have left behind… some have been left for years. Norah's character asks why he doesn't just throw them away? To which he simply says:

"If I threw these keys away then those doors would be closed forever and that shouldn't be up to me to decide, should it?"

In that same breath.. later in the movie, his old girlfriend comes back to the diner and jokes about how he still keeps those keys in the counter.
and she says to him, "Sometimes, even if you have the keys those doors still can't be opened. Can they?"

of which he replies, "Even if the door is open, the person you're looking for may not be there."
You should see this film. Save it for a rainy day atleast… and then we can discuss it! :)

I want this.
I want to be part of another's embrace.
I want to find the person I am looking for on the other side of the door.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails