Thursday, August 19, 2010

there are a million reasons why i love him... this is just one of them.

lately my shoulders and back have been a mess ; exhausted from working so much. Soon, i will tell you exactly what i do but it's constant movement on my feet.

max surprised me with coffee bright and early while i was at work last week (seriously? i hit the jackpot in future husbands!) and saw how intense it can be. He also noticed i was tossing and turning in my sleep because i just could not get comfortable. 

this morning, i woke up with a text that said he had a little surprise for me when i woke up.

i was not expecting this envelope on my little pink laptop:



YES!!! an hour deep tissue with hot stones massage at this cute place called The Spa and Salon at Acorn Hill. So charming! the place and my darling fiance.



i've had fabulous massages before (including a few at the W hotel's bliss spa - also a gift from my Max) but lovies, let me tell you-- never before like this one! THE BEST MASSAGE EVER. I truly needed it-- she completely healed my shoulders. Amazing pressure points... just pure amazing! i feel incredible and it's all thanks to this man i love. Who loves me

how i got so lucky, i don't know!

on the way home feeling blissful, i stopped at a local family owned bakery called Chesnut Hill. I picked up this cream puff for Max 


and cupcakes to bring to my favorite postal clerk. I just love her! As you know,  i go to the post office quite often and she's always so helpful and funny. She's so cute and just like me (nosy lol) and asks what's in this box or that package. Yesterday i dropped of Claire's belated birthday gift and she made a joke about the cupcake photo on the front of the box and how i should have sent real ones so she (Carol, my postal clerk) could have had one. I joked with her next time. I made up my mind right then and there to surprise her with cupcakes.

lord knows i can't bake, but support local businesses? my kind of thing. 

making someone's day after i was so incredibly blessed? exactly my kind of thing.


dear micaela's life,

never forget how blessed you are. stay this good? please? and always be thankful. You've got such a loving husband-to-be. Never take that for granted.

love,

me xo



34 comments:

Teach.Workout.Love said...

aweeeee thats so cute n nice :) :)

K said...

This is so sweet. Your fiance is wonderful. I am happy for you two.

Also, would love to hear about her reaction after getting the cupcake :)

Erin said...

You definitely hit the future husband jackpot! :-) Continue to enjoy your fabulous life, my dear.

Micaela said...

Of course she had left an hour earlier :( boo! but it will be a nice surprise for in the morning!!! and since there were 3 cupcakes, i told the worker he could have one ;) lol i left a little note on the front of the bag for her... i know, i wish i could have seen her reaction but to know that i could possibly make her morning when she first gets to work... i don't know, it's even better! ;)

Claire Kiefer said...

oh my goodness gracious! You had SUCH A GOOD DAY and the fact that you brought cupcakes to your postal worker makes me love you even more. You're such a delightful person who brings so much GOODNESS into the lives of everyone she meets. Seriously. You are lucky to have someone as wonderful and loving and generous as Max, but he is just as lucky to have you. Sometimes you forget that part!

I am smiling thinking of Carol coming into work tomorrow morning and seeing the surprise you left her--she's going to be so excited. Not only because she'll have cupcakes, but because the knowledge that there are good, sweet people out there makes people so happy.

April said...

I'm so just ecstatically happy that your man did this cute little thing for you, and that you gave cupcakes to your postal lady. These are the kinds of things I want to hear about everyday.

Cynthia said...

aww this was such a sweet gift from max to you and you to the postal clerk, I just loved it haha my sister and I decided we need a spa date that would be so much fun and so relaxing!

Shibby said...

This is such a lovely post :)

Cynthia said...

p.s. claire is so right you are such a delightful sweet person, I'm always telling people about you :)

Max said...

Glad you enjoyed it, now maybe you will quit squirming and I can sleep, ha...love you

Sharni said...

AWWWWWWW, that is just so sweet of him! My new postal clerks are a little snarly and grumpy but the post man himself is a champ :)

Lauren Nicole said...

i COMPLETELY second claire's comment. completely. <3
- L

Unknown said...

soo sweet!

Erin {pughs' news} said...

I love it. So happy that you're happy. He's a keeper, that Max. Sending hugs from London.
xoxoxo E

thegirlhassparke said...

So sweet you deserve to be spoilt!!

Meghan said...

What a sweetheart!

Belen said...

jeallllous! my future hubby better take a tip!

but really, what a sweetheart, knowing that you needed that most. ♥

Raquel said...

Aw, cutes. I love this post. I love surprises!

Geisslein said...

Aaah, Beauty, you 2 are sooooo cute!
You know, you always give me hope, that I´ll find such a love someday too, because now I know that such a love exist - and you really deserve this, enjoy every every second!!! and please cross your fingers for me ;o)
have a great and lovely start in the new week! xo, tanja

Catherine said...

'lord knows i can't bake, but support local businesses? my kind of thing'

I LOVE this! :-)

Ohh maybe I'll tell Daniel about this - I need a massage really badly too ;-)

You're a lucky lady, but Max is also a lucky man!

Rhianne said...

hehe I love you guys :) I just need to direct Thomas towards this post now :)

Gracie said...

He is definitely a keeper :) That's a really sweet gift!

Plus you are so sweet for thinking of bringing her cupcakes. She will love you even more!

(I wish I could bake more too)

Farah said...

You two are seriously the cutest couple! really...love!

A year of Change said...

What a sweet surprise!

Faiza said...

i heart this post! happiest friday to you micaela!

laurennicolelove.com said...

o.m.g. you are so blessed.

how adorable.

heather said...

Aww, I love this post and your beautiful massage surprise. SWEET!

And your note to self will be good forever... even when you think life is guttering a little...

Happy weekend to you!

Karina Pacheco said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW.....He is so sweet and you two are so meant for each other : )
You are the sweetest sharing happiness with everyone that gets to know you.
Thank you so much for the welcome home package mi querida amiga it was lovely and a million thanks to your mami for the beautiful
doily : )
Have a great weekend and lots of love your way to you and max and lots of holas and hugs from Miguelito with his black mouth from the push pop-lol....
luv ya lots - Kary xoxoxo

Karina Pacheco said...

P.S. Gotta love cream puffs... They are oh so yummy : )

CarrieMarie said...

:D <---

that was me after reading this post!

i love you guys!!!

Katyha said...

That is the sweetest thing ever! the best surprise ever...lucky you :)

Meghan said...

You have such a sweet future hubby! What a thoughtful gesture!!!

Kara said...

Omg how fantastic. I love thoughtful boys :) I love the last part of this post too - it's so easy to forget how good we've got it, and so important to always remind ourselves!!

Lauryn said...

That is quite possibly the cutest thing I've ever heard! HOW SWEET! Massages can do wonders for the mind, body, and spirit! Hopefully it helped :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails