Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sharing Sundays... Restless General Store.

by now you know i'm a huge fan of UK artist Olivia Jeffries. She was, after all, my first original art purchase. I just love her work and now; her taste. She recently opened another etsy shop filled with quirky finds from the 1920s to the 1950s - all chosen with her love of aged materials such as wood, glass, metal, and cotton.




remember this mirror from my wish list?


not that i can keep anything but a bamboo plant alive, but how kitsch is that ceramic log planter? the tin would go well with my collection. When in an antique shop, i love going through boxes of old photographs searching for any of couples. I purchase them wondering about their love story. The one titled "on top of the world" is magical.


visit the restless things general store here // store blog here.

8 comments:

April said...

Cute picks! Love that log planter. ;)

Lauren Nicole said...

yay for vintage! and double yay for vintage photos!! lovelove.
- L

Gracie said...

Oh that's lovely! I adore old photos too and I think I will have to start searching for them now ;)

P.S. I love what you sent and what you received in the swap :) I'm having one too! Starting this week.

xx

Claire Kiefer said...

I love your tin collection. :) I always wish I had more/prettier tins, because when I make cookies and give them to people, I think they'd be so much more special in a beautiful vintage tin. Your blog posts always make me want to be more patient with thrift stores and to check out more antique stores! You find such beautiful things, but sometimes when I go into a goodwill, I'm overwhelmed with this feeling of . . . melancholy or something. All these discarded things, outdated clothing, dirty floors, people working for minimum wage, etc. . . I so don't mean that in a patronizing way, there's just something about goodwills and waffle houses that make me feel sad.

That said--your finds inspire me to reprogram my brain about it! :) And what you said about photographs is so true--fascinating and sweet to think about the stories behind those pictures. :)

love you! I'm babysitting tomorrow-Tuesday and kiddies go to sleep early so maybe a phone date. xxooxxoo.

Karina Pacheco said...

Everything looks so pretty. Hooray for thrift shopping and all the beautiful things that are found, if only they could talk and tell us everything they've been through.

Hope you had a great weekend.

Lots of love, Kary xoxoxo

danielle and dinosaur toes said...

oh geez, micaela, why why why did you have to share this? now i have even more to add to my growing wish list, but the only problem is that my wallet doesn't grow as fast!

Anonymous said...

I love the black and white photo of the couple on the mountain top (go figure). Reminds me of Colorado. I wonder where they were. :)

Laura Loo said...

oh man, i'm in love with that photo of the couple. i love looking at old photos as well, and wondering about their story, and thinking about a time when I'm far gone and people see photos of me and my man and wonder the story behind it, it is eerie and overwhelming to try to encompass in my brain...anyways, the way shes leaning and the look at her face is PRECIOUS and i love them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails