Monday, October 12, 2009

a BIG check off my life list....

lovies, i am going to experience a once-in-a-lifetime dream come true tonight... the only thing missing is my darling friend, which makes me sad to no end and takes from my complete happiness.

tonight, at the new Dallas Cowboys Stadium, i will be singing and dancing along to one of God's greatest creations...

BONO.

yes. Bono of U2!!!

they're coming to Dallas on their 360 tour.


U2 is special to me and Darling Friend.

It was one of the first things we found out we had in common. One of my first dates over to his bachelor pad was watching a U2 video documentary. When U2's concert came out on 3D at the theatres, he took me. We were the only ones in there (apart from one guy) and we sat wearing our 3D glasses and it was magical. I have always said that seeing U2 would be AH-MAZING, but if i never got the chance... the 3D date was enough.

{it was seriously like you could reach out and touch Bono's hand- the technicals were that good}

when we got these tickets, we didn't know then that darling friend would be on the other coast. Unfortunately, with his new job he won't be able to experience tonight with me. This makes me sad to no end.

Our song is "New Years Day."
In fact, he even sang it on New Years Day at work on air.

"i want to be with you
be with you night and day..."

we almost named our dog Maverick, Bono.

they mean something to us.

and so tonight i am going, still very excited to mark something off my life list- but knowing that i wish with all my heart it could have been with my Max. thanks BD, for letting me still experience this.

and just so you know... my mind and heart will be filled with thoughts of YOU.

and i promise to sing you the songs afterwards.

"I will be with you again
I will be with you again...."




because Max, darling friend, you are my ONE. xo

5 comments:

Max said...

you're even better than the real thing...ha, i dont know what that means. but we have always been one. wish i could be there...sneak some pictures! love you

Anonymous said...

ahh.. darling friend commented. i love when you have a band that means something. justin and i had a band like that. well a few actually. music was a big part of our lives. :] have fun darling i am so excited for you!!!!

Gabby said...

I'm so excited for you! Although it's too bad your Max will not be there with you :( have fun, lady!

Manju said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE U2!!!!! and Bono!!!!!!!!!
so excited for you!! don't forget to take loads of pictures ^^

Farah said...

OMG! WOMAN you have NO idea how jealous I am of you right now! eeeeeeeek.....its U2!!!!!!!! enjoy yourself darling and go crazy! and make sure you upload lots of concert pics! eeeek eeek eeek!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails