Friday, October 16, 2009

oh loved this.

Joanna always has the best friday links. I LOVED this one, which she called the sweetness of Breakfast At Tiffany's.

love love love this film.

i think all of us have a little Holly Golightly in us all.
(i know i've seen darling friend give me that look)


and i know he's felt this way about me before:

Paul Varjak: "You know what's wrong with you, Miss Whoever-you-are? You're chicken, you've got no guts. You're afraid to stick out your chin and say, "Okay, life's a fact, people do fall in love, people do belong to each other, because that's the only chance anybody's got for real happiness."

You call yourself a free spirit, a "wild thing," and you're terrified somebody's gonna stick you in a cage. Well baby, you're already in that cage. You built it yourself. And it's not bounded in the west by Tulip, Texas, or in the east by Somali-land. It's wherever you go. Because no matter where you run, you just end up running into yourself. "

7 comments:

Belen said...

So it took me a really long time to fall in love with Breakfast at Tiffany's because I was being forced to watch it by a friend instead of watching it to enjoy it, yknow? Anyway, YES, I LOVE this movie. I also love the line about belonging to someone.

Belen ♥

Sara said...

I love that film!

Laura C said...

I love Audrey Hepburn movies! I just watched "wait until dark" Thursday night. And I love these quotes, too. Have a lovely weekend!

Unknown said...

Gotta luv Audrey!!!
♥ I GAVE YOU AN AWARD ♥

Allegra said...

it's such a must-see!! have you seen roman holiday? it's also such a cute film

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

LUV it too...how can we not like a character with such a name right?!
Hope you are having a lovely weekend darlin'
xo*

Marisa said...

"You call yourself a free spirit, a "wild thing," and you're terrified somebody's gonna stick you in a cage. Well baby, you're already in that cage. You built it yourself."

oh how i identify with this character... in so many ways

Related Posts with Thumbnails