Friday, December 26, 2008

Be Intoxicated.

My Abbie sent this quote in her Christmas card to us. Hers was my favorite Christmas card by far...

* i have this thing with time travel, so I've mentioned.... ;)


"You must always be intoxicated. That sums it all up: it's the only question. In order not to feel the horrible burden of Time which breaks your back and bends you down to earth, you must be unremittingly intoxicated. But on what?


Wine, poetry, virtue, as you please. But never be sober. And if it should chance that sometimes, on the steps of a palace, on the green grass of a ditch, in the bleak solitude of your room, you wake up and your intoxication has already diminished or disappeared, ask the wind,the wave, the star, the bird, the clock, ask everything that sings, everything that speaks, ask them what time it is and the wind, the wave, the star, the bird, the clock will reply: It's time to be intoxicated! If you do not wish to be one of the tortured slaves of Time, never be sober; never ever be sober! Use wine, poetry or virtue, as you please."


-Charles-Pierre Baudelaire
The Prose Poems and La Fanfarlo



I sometimes feel like a tortured slave of Time...
Lauren once said I loved tragedies when it comes to love.
I'd like to think, i get drunk on wine/poetry/and amore.



So this is my weekend wish for you:
BE INTOXICATED.

Looking forward to taking C to his last christmas pressie: Couple Massages tomorrow!!! We went for the first time on our anniversary (his gift to me). DI * VINE.

*pic here.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails