Friday, April 3, 2009

"I just want to be wonderful."

A guy at a party last summer said to me, "You smoke like I picture Marilyn Monroe would."
I don't really know what that means... but i was proud of it :)

And i wear red lips with confidence like she did.

and i love the way she thought:
  • "To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I'm working on the foundation."

  • "It's not true that I had nothing on. I had the radio on."

  • "I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot."

  • and because I am NEVER on time, I love this one:
    • "I am invariably late for appointments ... sometimes, as much as two hours. I've tried to change my ways but the things that make me late are too strong, and too pleasing."

    but this last one... this last one, I want to live by:

    • "I am not interested in money. I just want to be wonderful."

    In the words of Marilyn Monroe.

    2 comments:

    Jodi said...

    Lovely words. ♥
    You wear red lipstick well.

    Micaela said...

    awww your comment totally made my day!

    btw-- i was trying to leave you a comment on your recent post. Otis Redding "These arms of mine" including the sorrow- i fell in love with you then.

    a girl who writes poetry and picked Pocahontas as her Disney Princess...

    i found another blog soul mate.

    Related Posts with Thumbnails