Thursday, April 16, 2009

When I'm at an antique store...

I ALWAYS file through that one tin can you know you'll find, full of old pictures. You know the one. It's weird to think, how did these people's pictures -their lives- end up here? It's kind of sad too.

What I always look for is old pictures of couples together. I wonder about their love story. I found this one yesterday.

Look at this darling old couple. I wonder if they spent all their lives with each other...
What secrets to relationships/marriage they would give.
I'd ask them what the hardest challenge they faced together- and more importantly, how they got through it together.

Yes, I wonder all this just from their portrait.
I hope they were happy. :)


and just because...
I HAD TO GET THIS ONE!
my name is Micaela but my family and closest friends call me "Mickey." I went by Mickey through elementary and high school. LOVE IT!

7 comments:

Jessica Coody said...

I love looking through old photos, too- but I agree that it is sad to see them all end up in the hands of strangers. One of my favorite things to do is go through old family photos with my grandmother- she has all of them, and I am inheriting them. I'm going to do my best to keep them in the family and OUT of antique stores!

Nicole Marie said...

awesome finds! when i see pictures of old couples i also wonder about their lives and the trials and happy times they shared

Micaela said...

aww jess you are SO lucky!!! I know you will treasure all your family's pictures. I bet they're beautiful.

Arianna Belle said...

Aww I love the old photos! Cute couple and cute nickname! :-)

VanessasRunway said...

That's so cute! That is one cute nickname too! ;)

The Fab Miss B said...

If you love old photos you simply must check out Paper Squirrel- new "found" photos uploaded all the time. It's a treasure trove! (I love the ones you picked too!)

http://papersquirrel.blogspot.com/

xo- B

Micaela said...

thank you for the tip, B! headed there now ;)

and girls, you can call me Mickey anytime!!!! xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails