Tuesday, September 22, 2009

let me share my twinkie with you.

i love your sweet comments about me and my twinkie Marianne.
it's really special to have had your best friend at your side since birth. She's my womb-mate. I really don't know what i would do without her.

i realize that i talk about her a lot, but you are probably wondering what my other half is like. She's the sweeter of us two and the more academic one. She takes care of me, that people often mistake her for the older one... though I'm 5 minutes older.

I call Marianne my twinkie soul.
Since she doesn't have a blog, i told her to show her heart, like this post of mine.

instructions: "with as much creativity as you can muster, show your heart in: a picture, a poem, a song (or piece of music), a phrase (or quote), an item of clothing, a place, and (just for fun) a disney princess.


Here's my twinkie's heart...
(it's a good heart)

a picture of Marianne's heart:

Her + husband Philip on their honeymoon in the Bahamas

A poem:

It was many and many a year ago,In a kingdom by the sea,
That a maiden there lived whom you may know
By the name of Annabel Lee;
And this maiden she lived with no other thought
Than to love and be loved by me.
I was a child and she was a child,
In this kingdom by the sea;
But we loved with a love that was more than love
-I and my Annabel Lee;

~ Edgar Allan Poe

A song:
Her Wedding Song 2/10/07: At Last by Etta James

A quote:
The healthy being craves an occasional wildness, a jolt from normality, a sharpening of the edge of appetite, his own little festival of the Saturnalia, a brief excursion from his way of life.
~Robert MacIver

An item of clothing (in her words) :

BLACK top! In any shape or form – my “uniform” is black top with jeans!

A place:

And a Disney Princess:


isn't it a good heart?

can you see why i'm incredibly lucky?

incredibly. lucky.

6 comments:

Katie said...

aww, that's so sweet! annabel lee is my favorite poem of all time!!

Marisa said...

that poem brings a huge smile to my face... i remember being read that when i was young.

your sister sounds as lovely as you...

how lucky to hae such a connection with another.
xoxo

Jessica Coody said...

Why doesn't Marianne have a blog?!? She needs to!
So.. I'm thinking girls night, in about a month... friends of mine are playing in Wichita Falls... I'll send ya details soon!

Belen said...

cuuute. :) i love that poem from edgar allan poe. old texts and poems on love are the best, because they're the most raw and true. :)

Lo said...

your "womb-mate" so cute!
I know twinkie!! She gave me hope when I first moved here and then she introduced me to you!! I got a 2 for one deal :) Although I can tell every bit of ya'll apart (now) I know that people who don't know you well would confuse you two in a heartbeat!!

Remember at BWW? The waitress coming up to you two [[sitting right next to eachother]] and saying "Are ya'll twins?" And I had to get a picture of it??

Marianne (or M, as I call her) does have a beautiful heart. As do you!! I love you girls!!

Sister movie date tonight!! YAY!

Anonymous said...

Indeed. Anyone who loves the LM def has to be amazing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails