Thursday, September 24, 2009

"More tequila, more love, more anything. More is better."

Who else is seriously excited- Tonight Grey's Anatomy returns for it's much anticipated 6th season with a 2 hour special.

I am tooootally excited! me and M were discussing how BRILLIANT the finale was last season. OMG. i watched the end 3 times- just kept rewinding it.

Another season of McDreamy... sigh. In celebration, here is a couple of my fave Meredith quotes:

Meredith Grey: "Maybe we like the pain. Maybe we're wired that way. Because without it, I don't know; maybe we just wouldn't feel real. What's that saying? Why do I keep hitting myself with a hammer? Because it feels so good when I stop."


Dr. Meredith Grey: "Maybe we're not supposed to be happy. Maybe gratitude has nothing to do with joy. Maybe being grateful means recognizing what you have for what it is. Appreciating small victories. Admiring the struggle it takes simply to be human. Maybe we're thankful for the familiar things we know. And maybe we're thankful for the things we'll never know. At the end of the day, the fact that we have the courage to still be standing is reason enough to celebrate."


sometimes i want to yell at Meredith for being so complicated and her inability to let herself be happy and good to Derek. and then... i realize, i am the same way to my real-life McDreamy.

one of my favorite episodes, Meredith is in the elevator and her and McDreamy weren't speaking. (He was trying to work things out with Addison.) And she says, "I miss you" quietly without even looking at him and walks out of the elevator.

OH I AM SO EXCITED!!!

seriously.

8 comments:

Marisa said...

"Did you say it? “I love you.” – “I don’t ever want to live without you.” – “You changed my life.” Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it. But every now and then, look around. Drink it in. Cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

*sigh*

Jessica Coody said...

I haven't watched Grey's in in awhile (mostly because my schedule at the Pub had me working Thursdays) but also because I just got annoyed with Meredith. She seemed so whiney and wish-washy, and I got tired of watching her play head games with herself over her McDreamy...
but then I read this:
"sometimes i want to yell at Meredith for being so complicated and her inability to let herself be happy and good to Derek. and then... i realize, i am the same way to my real-life McDreamy."

OMG. you're right. I'm the same way. Exactly. I want what I want until I have it- then I don't think it was what I wanted all along.
I may have to give Grey's another shot...

Micaela said...

M- perfection.

J, it's a crazy realization right? but we are... me and you are the meredith kind of girls. So is M, i believe.

yes, you do need to give it another go ;)

and then we can discuss it!!!

Gabby said...

I CANNOT wait! I know I'm going to cry! That show gives so many amazing quotes.

Courtney said...

I can't believe it took me sooo long to finally watch this show...And now I'm completely ADDICTED. I'm hooked. I can't get enough! Yes, sometimes Meredith drives me crazy, because it's like, "Uh hello? He's like PERFECT!! What are you doing?!" but when there was that whole "scary and damaged" part, I just fell more in love.

I'm so incredibly sad I can't watch the season premier tonight...I need to talk hubby into buying season 5 for me so I won't get too far behind in the new season!!

Farah said...

"Meredith Grey: You know how when you were a little kid and you believed in fairy tales, that fantasy of what your life would be, white dress, prince charming who would carry you away to a castle on a hill. You would lie in bed at night and close your eyes and you had complete and utter faith. Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Prince Charming, they were so close you could taste them, but eventually you grow up, one day you open your eyes and the fairy tale disappears. Most people turn to the things and people they can trust. But the thing is its hard to let go of that fairy tale entirely cause almost everyone has that smallest bit of hope, of faith, that one day they will open their eyes and it will come true."



Meredith Grey speaks my heart...*sigh*

Kaileen Elise said...

loved it loved it. can't wait for this week :) xo, kaileenelise

Micaela said...

Farah, exactly. exactly.

Kaileenelise, you must visit back and discuss grey's (and life and love). Welcome to the blogging world!!! so glad you found mine.

xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails