Monday, September 14, 2009

"I get by with a little help from my friends"


"Friendship is certainly the finest balm for the pangs of disappointed love."
- Jane Austen
image via we heart it.

My M. Thank-you for letting me come to you.
for your words of comfort and hope.
for always always being there, me a perfect stranger.
because to you, i can tell all.
i've only known you awhile, and i owe you so much.


why is it Mom's always know? They do. My momma always does. Today at lunch, she looked at me and asked if i had been crying. When i said that i hadn't, she said, "your eyes always tell the truth."



I am so thankful for you all. For your sweet concern. perhaps, soon i can say out loud my faults. i'm not strong enough right now. i'm not brave enough. i'm not without a little spark of hope and i'm never without prayer.

i know that in two nights i'm losing my best friend and boyfriend for awhile.
i know i'm not ready for that.
i know that i'm not silly enough to think that a lot can't happen in a couple of months to change things.
{oh if life was only so simple. if only I was that simple.}
i know i have a lot of growing up to do (even at 25) and i hope this time will allow me that.

i know i'm scared.

"Even if your hands are shaking
And your faith is broken

Do it with a heart wide open..."

7 comments:

Jessica Coody said...

I believe it is times and moments like these that shape us, and make us who we are supposed to be.
I have the upmost faith that things will work out for you- and you know I'm just a short car ride away...
You, me and a bottle of wine... soon, pretty girl.

Courtney said...

I'm always here sweetie...I wish I had more comforting words for you, but pregnancy is seriously draining the life, wisdom, and words out of me. I might live far away but I'm an e-mail, or phone call away! You're a beautiful beautiful girl (woman) inside and out and I truly admire you for who you are...Sending a big big hug!

meg fee said...

you are so much stronger than you think you are. you are amazing and you should know that, and this realization of all there is to learn only proves how much you already know. you're lovely and i adore you!

Anonymous said...

hun, this post was fantastic. you have a way with your words and i love love love reading them. keep your chin up and remember, that even when things are in the dumps, it could always be worse. you are amazing my little dolce vita friend. loves sweets. -missy.

Marisa said...

the feeling is mutual dear m
i love you MORE...

as dear meg said "you are so much stronger than you think you are"...

to be able to see yourself... your REAL self good and bad... that is such an amazing thing.

when you express yourself it really moves me (as you know)... it is in such an exposed way that leaves nothing to the imagination. a person doesn't have to know the whole story to know what you are going through and to feel it with you.

this my dear M is a gift...
Use it... this will help you through this "transition"

xoxo
m

Geisslein said...

keep your head up...everything is on the right way, the universe will take care of you and someday you will understand why things happend like they did...Hope I could explain what I want to say, sorry for my really not perfect english. send you a big hug!

Kaylen said...

You're in my thoughts and prayers :)

I hope everything is okay. You're such a strong, wonderful woman!

Related Posts with Thumbnails