Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sharing Sundays... Life.

i want to introduce you to one of my college girlfriends, Jess of Life. If you haven't visited her blog, you absolutely MUST. i have always always been in awe of her writing. It's the kind of way i wish to write: with heart, raw emotion, and in the daze- clarity. Like this post of hers? touched my heart.

Even through relationships, moves, jobs, weddings, babies... we've always kept in touch with the girls we met in college, through the Mass Communications Department. Here we were a few years ago in Downtown Ft. Worth celebrating our gf Adrian's bachelorette party. I am so glad we've kept in touch all these years.



From the very beginning, the first thing i KNEW about Jess was her passion for music. Lyrics are sacred. She belongs in the woodstock era and her dream job is to write for Rolling Stone. She already made one dream of hers come true, to be a Radio DJ.


She is my small town country girl who dreams NYC, loves tattoos, is hopelessly smitten with her boyfriend who she calls "love" (and because i've known Jess for so long i know how deserving of this happiness she is. but because i've known her so long, i also know she is scared of the feeling that sometimes love makes her fragile), loves her dog children, loves the blogging community, and just bought her first house!


And she shares it all on her blog, Life.

I think you should meet my beautiful friend.

Coody Bug, i love you!!!! happy hour (cosmopolitans please!!!) SOON. i miss you xoxo

11 comments:

Gracie said...

Aww I think it's great that you have kept in touch with your college friends. Friendships are so important so it's good to keep the ones you have close.
That's a really sweet post!

P.S. You won my giveaway!! :)

Micaela said...

Gracie, you totally made my day on this depressing sunday- having to go back to work after a lovely long holiday weekend. I can't believe i won a beautiful journal! i'm so happy to have won your giveaway!!!! AWESOME!!!!!

thank-you Gracie!

this is actually perfect for the New Year. I can write happy little pleasures from every day.

Jenni said...

What a kind and sweet post about your friend. You're a great friends! I'm going to stroll on over to her blog right now and see what all this hipe about her is... ;)

angelina la dawn said...

i love old friends. thanks for passing her blog along! it's wonderful :)

Marisa said...

i love HER and feel that same way about her writing and her LOVE of music...

Jessica Coody said...

Oh my dear Mickey, you have NO idea what this post means to me. (You made me tear up at work! GRRR!!!) :)
Thank you so much for your kind words, and for being such a supportive, loyal friend. I love you to pieces.
And I needed this kindness right now more than ever. You must have known, and I thank you deeply for it.
XOXO
your Coody-bug

Jenni said...

Hey woman! Happy Monday! Thought I drop you a quick line to let you know that I left something on my blog for you :) Hope you enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I love Miss Coody!!!! xoxo

Micaela said...

Coody Bug, i am so glad to offer you a little joy in these hard times that have been handed to you. bless your heart. Shannon's family is in my thoughts and prayers and you know i've always believed in the power of prayer. It works. It is the only thing i have EVER been certain about. I am just so glad she has you as her best friend to lean on. Your post today was beautiful. THANK-YOU!!! I'm always here for you pretty girl. xoxo

Lovies, i'm glad you've met her. She is everything i bragged on her for. :)

Anonymous said...

lovely ladies. jess seems beautiful and for her taste in music she must be a bad ass. true story.

Jessica Coody said...

I was just re-reading through some old blogs and came across this one... it made me cry! (And you KNOW me, Mickey... I DON'T CRY!!)

To re-read such sweet words from someone I hold in such high regards has touched me, again. I love you pretty girl. Thanks for always being a friend to this loud, outspoken crazy-ass! :) I love you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails