Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Give Thanks.

Happy Thanksgiving Lovies!!!

eat to your heart's content & feel as you should... BLESSED.

i hope you have so much to be thankful for. I'm thankful for so much:

*my amazing family.
*my faith.
*my brilliant boyfriend & our puppies.
*my incredible friends
(this includes each and every one of you reading this)
*my job.




but most of all this year, I'm thankful for my brother Marco. I know that this would be included in "my amazing family", but this year it means so much more that he gets to come home for Thanksgiving. My brother Marco is about to deploy for the third time to Iraq. He will leave before Christmas. And already I miss him.

A whole year. For the THIRD time. It's unfair. Why my brother, again? and then i look at everyone around me and realize each person is why. My brother has the greatest purpose. He will fight for you. for me. for our freedoms.

he is my hero. he is who i am most thankful for this year.

our family is surprising him by celebrating Christmas this Thanksgiving for him. We're very excited!


Enjoy your thanksgiving darlings!!!

(image here)

19 comments:

Cassie said...

Best wishes and prayers sent your way for your dear brother - where would we be without heroes like him. I wish him a speedy and safe return.
Have a truly fab Thanksgiving/Christmas!
xx

Anonymous said...

you gave me goosebumps. please thank your brother for me. without men like him we would be in big trouble. he sacrafices more than anyone for us to live in the safety and comfort we do. indeed i am thankful for him too!

love you lady.

CECE FAB FAVORITES said...

i adore your blog...you have a very blessed ;-)

Annie said...

hope you have a fabulous thanksgiving pretty girl!!

please send thanks to your brother from me! :)

Anonymous said...

Have a great Thanksgiving and continue to always be proud of your family. <3

Kaileen Elise said...

hey sweets - wishing you and your family a happy/merry christmagiving! lots of hugs, ♥kaileenelise

Marisa said...

twice today you have made me tear up...
i am so thankful for your brother and his military family...

and you xoxo

jozen said...

even though thanksgiving has already passed for me here up north, happy thanksgiving!

my prayers are with your brother. what a brave, strong person he is.

Summer Athena said...

Oh honey.
Your brother will be in my prayers.
You are a delight and I adore you.

Melita said...

have a fabulous thanksgiving sweetie! hugs!!

Melissa A said...

Many Blessings to you and your family Micaela and Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Jan Halvarson said...

Wow - yay for your brother! I will totally send good vibes to you and your family. Very special! And thanks for the nice comment on my blog! So sweet!

Best to you~!

thegirlhassparke said...

Isn't it lovely to have so many things to be thankful for. We dont celebrate thanksgiving here but I have enjoyed reading all the thanksgiving posts.
Expect a little package in the mail soon!
Happy thanksgiving!! x

Sarah said...

I too am thankful for your brother. I ask now for the Lord to bless him and keep him safe as he stands for America.

Thanks for an awesome blog! ;)

-Sarah

Gemma Louise said...

we don't celebrate thanks giving in the Uk.
but happy thanks giving i hope you had a lovely day :) xxxxx

Carolyn said...

I hope that your surprise pre-Christmas went spectacularly!I will be sending positive vibes for your Brother, Marco's safety and well being in Iraq. He sounds so courageous. Big Hugs!! xoxo

Micaela said...

i adore all these heart-felt messages. it means so much to me!!!

cece, monday, & sarah- delighted to meet you girls. keep in touch and it really makes me feel special you made your way here. xoxo

megan, yay!!! can't wait. will reply xo

M, dearest M- i meant those words. i teared up writing them to you! ever so thankful for you.... love you bestie.

Diana said...

I've never met anyone who had family overseas. You have such a great attitude about it, I would fall apart if my brother was there.

Thank you for both of you and I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Micaela said...

Diana, thank you darling! it is NOT easy... you would think since this is going to be the THIRD time we will have to deal with him being over there... but oh i will fall apart. this i'm sure. hugs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails