Monday, November 16, 2009

Ten Rules.

When i anchored my morning weekend at the news station, my camera operator was a guy named Giovanni. Working behind the scenes... maybe he was more in tune with seeing things beyond the surface. He had that kind of personality... he was Austin-weird (and this is a compliment).

He once recommend a movie, saying that the main character reminded him of me. He said she even had the "nice guy" who loved her. (this is my darling friend)

i watched the movie "My Sassy Girl" and cried. i cried because there were parts that did truly remind me of us, before we were even an "us."


in fact, i watched it during a time me and darling friend weren't exactly on speaking terms because i had been (for the longest time) a coward to not make the jump and be with him.

If you've seen the movie... there's this part where she breaks his heart. And she has this moment where she realizes she's doing it, and excuses herself to go to the restroom because she feels sick. When she comes back, he's gone... but he's left "ten rules" for the next guy. Ten Sweet Rules for dating her.

i immediately stopped the movie and wrote down my ten rules for dating Max.

here was my list:

1. listen to his jokes. they will make you laugh. more than that-
listen to his laugh.
2. sing him Abba when he's having a bad day. [not that he's a huge fan of abba, but i am. and not that i can sing, but i would sing abba for him & it would make him smile]
3. love Bubbles [his dog]. take her for walks and talk to her about her day & how happy her owner makes you.
4. enjoy crime shows/trivia with him
5. don't expect to cuddle during sleepovers- he can't sleep but he'll hold you until he thinks you're asleep and he'll give you the "good pillow."
6. don't change his radio- he loves his 80's
7. encourage his talent. let him know how good he is at weather.
8. ask him about his family; his nephew.
9. expect little gifts just because, like a bag of your favorite chips.
10. love him. because he will love you with all his heart.


my idea was to send him the movie and include the list. no instructions.



luckily, i got to tell him all this in person.



and even better, i never had to give this list to anyone else.



i get to do every one of them... for him.

27 comments:

Marisa said...

m - this is so adorable. haven't seen this movie!

because you are my soul mate it would make sense that DF & DH are so alike.. #1, #4,#5 #6(lol)... YES.

what a sweet idea... xoxo

Micaela said...

m, you should see the movie! let me know when you do.

and yes! i knew that about the 80's but how funny they are so alike. OF COURSE. :)

xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

girl that is darling. you have some of the best ideas. i may steal this from you one day and do it myself.

Jessica Coody said...

So sweet... the 'good pillow' comment reminds me of when Andrew and I started dating. He let me use his good pillow when I spent the night at his house, and after a couple months of dating we came across an article about "secret signs he loves you..." and one of them was "He lets you use his good pillow" haha.. we weren't doing the whole "I Love You" thing then, but I think by then we both knew :)
So happy Max lets you use 'the good pillow', too.
XOXO

Jamie said...

Looove this!!! And I love that movie! I may have to use this idea. Tooooo sweet.

Marisa said...

ps watched the accidental husband... LOVE it. "Denny" is so gorgeous in this movie.

The Elevator scene? "sigh"... just once!!!

Micaela said...

M, i knew you'd love that movie. it's so cute and feel-good. and YES! about Denny. wow. the end... the end got me too. "you didn't come here to see me Mr. Sullivan.." and when she turns... ahhh loved it.

Micaela said...

jamie (nice to meet you!)

wasn't it such a good movie? and different? i just loved that scene.

and steal away! :) xo

VanessasRunway said...

I just stopped midway reading this and add this movie to my netflix and putting in my #1 slot. :)

You're so romantic - I love it!

Anonymous said...

aww this is sooooo adorable and sweet =)

im going to have to watch this movie and hope i don't cry my little heart out...

xo

Krissa said...

So i have not seen or heard of this movie but it is now definitely on my must see list...
I love your list...especially singing ABBA...haha...I love that!

Gemma Louise said...

awh this is adorable, your list is what makes your relationship so important, you notice the little things :)!

I'm gonna take the time to watch that movie soon! xx

Gemma Louise said...

OMG you don't know how excited i am! eeeeeeekk! it better have a return address! if not thats cool, thanks you! :)! x

kateigh said...

I can not wait to see this movie now. It will be on my netflix asap. LOVE this post!!

Jenni said...

Aw, this is so super sweet. I love it. ADORABLE.

Melissa A said...

This is cute. You sure are a lover aren't you. It's sweet that you care about him so much that you would make a list like this. I might need to add this to my netflix list of movies.

Belen said...

aw! i needta see this!

and what's with guys and their 80s music?! LOL. i have a bunch of guy friends that know nothing BUT! :P

Honey Bee said...

I am going to want to watch this movie, just to get a little bit of insight abt you. =)
The ten rules are SO cute, and not only that, they're daim original-I'm glad you thought of acting upon them. Which reminds me, I need to start listening to his jokes too. :P

Gracie said...

That is completely adorable. I will have to watch this movie too. It sounds so interesting!

I might have to take this idea and give it to Jason on our wedding day next year. x

Farah said...

Mickey you are so so adorable! I watched this movie a few months ago actually and totally loved it. It's very very sweet your list! I might use it someday soon! xoxo

Anonymous said...

this is so great! I really want to see this movie now!!

Anna said...

this is so sweet! i just added the movie to my netflix :)

Bianca Jagoe said...

Aw, I thought this was so sweet :) While my boyfriend was at work I thought about what I'd write on a list about him. Those journals you mentioned on my blog sound awesome. I can only remember doing silly chain letters when I was a kid (also, on the Australia Post website it says that it is prohibited to send chain letters to the USA! Ha). Well, I'd be delighted if you felt like joining in on the travelling journal miss :)

Micaela said...

J, that is THE SWEETEST story! :) "the good pillow" ha, cute.

lovies, let me know what you think of the movie when you see it. Oh i hope you aren't disappointed... ha! it's a little different, quirky but love at it's complicated best.

be sure to tell me your thoughts.

Anonymous said...

If you liked this movie, you will LOVE the original. I don't wanna be one of those I-hate-the-remake-watch-the-original people, but trust me, you will not regret it. The original's Korean, & you know they don't mess around with their romantic comedies!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUZbp7myCQo

Rhianne said...

I love this list :)

Faiza said...

my heart is melting to read what you wrote him back then and to see where you are together now...

Related Posts with Thumbnails