He once recommend a movie, saying that the main character reminded him of me. He said she even had the "nice guy" who loved her. (this is my darling friend)
i watched the movie "My Sassy Girl" and cried. i cried because there were parts that did truly remind me of us, before we were even an "us."
in fact, i watched it during a time me and darling friend weren't exactly on speaking terms because i had been (for the longest time) a coward to not make the jump and be with him.
If you've seen the movie... there's this part where she breaks his heart. And she has this moment where she realizes she's doing it, and excuses herself to go to the restroom because she feels sick. When she comes back, he's gone... but he's left "ten rules" for the next guy. Ten Sweet Rules for dating her.
i immediately stopped the movie and wrote down my ten rules for dating Max.
here was my list:
1. listen to his jokes. they will make you laugh. more than that-
listen to his laugh.
2. sing him Abba when he's having a bad day. [not that he's a huge fan of abba, but i am. and not that i can sing, but i would sing abba for him & it would make him smile]
3. love Bubbles [his dog]. take her for walks and talk to her about her day & how happy her owner makes you.
4. enjoy crime shows/trivia with him
5. don't expect to cuddle during sleepovers- he can't sleep but he'll hold you until he thinks you're asleep and he'll give you the "good pillow."
6. don't change his radio- he loves his 80's
7. encourage his talent. let him know how good he is at weather.
8. ask him about his family; his nephew.
9. expect little gifts just because, like a bag of your favorite chips.
10. love him. because he will love you with all his heart.
my idea was to send him the movie and include the list. no instructions.
luckily, i got to tell him all this in person.
and even better, i never had to give this list to anyone else.
i get to do every one of them... for him.