Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Benevolent Postcard: Nov. 2009

Sweet November, i got your postcard while i was on my love trip. i thought it was kitsch.

Since it's pretty antique, i enclosed it in an envelope (which i know, may not be as much fun... but i put a stamp on it just the same to make it feel authentic) because i didn't want to chance it getting ruined before it got to you in Canada.


parts of my message:


The front is a Sky Lounge (wouldn't that era have been neat?) and reminded me of my first "adult moment," where i felt grown up. I was traveling to Italy alone and it was both scary and exhilarating. I share that little story with you, Julia.


Today at lunch, i received my November BPS postcard.

THANK-YOU Michelle!!!!

your acrylics are gorgeous!

i loved how she described painting as her first love:

"As with most love affairs, I am continuously seduced."

8 comments:

heisschic said...

"... i am continuously seduced"

best.feeling.ever.


2 things:

1.) per your comment, i would REFUSE to send *him.* ha. and he'd be very offended if i'd called him one of my "little favorite things." his talltalltall self would scoff at me though. haha.

2.) not sure if you noticed, but i just added a feed from my etsy favorites. i realized earlier than just about all of my favorites are things you've featured. so please, KEEP IT UP!!! you're making my life more pretty.

Micaela said...

Jess

ha about 1.)... HEIGHT is what you were talking about. hahaha i had to laugh, i forget he's tall.

2.) ooh i remember your etsy favorites! you had a panda bag a long time ago that i love!

Too funny- we do have the same taste. Well of course, we HAVE GREAT taste!!!! :)

CC. said...

i want to play postcards! that would make my day, a little postcard, i still go to the mailbox hoping for things but who gets mail anymore these days? an occasional bill and a magazine. maybe ill start writing more letters.

Anonymous said...

beautiful. i love them.

Rhianne said...

I love this project, I got my october card last week and it was so exciting!

I have an award for you on my blog :)

Marisa said...

i love that one you sent out... i would have loved that era.

what a great one to receive as well
xoxo
m

Melissa A said...

This BPS is great fun isn't it. I haven't had any problems thus far in sending or receiving postcards. I like your airplane lounge postcard. It would be alot more fun to ride in an airplance with one of those.

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

ah i love these pics!

Related Posts with Thumbnails