Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thank a Veteran today. Thank one every day.


Dear Veterans,

We honor you for the place you have allowed us to be in life that gives us liberty and opportunity. You are appreciated, You are loved and Your service has not been in vain.

Happy Veterans Day to my favorite Veteran... my Pappa.

And of course, my thoughts are always with those currently serving, like my hero, my older brother Marco who is about to serve another year deployment in Iraq. {this is his THIRD deployment} I need you close to me, but I guess our great country needs you a little more right now. God will keep you safe for us, I know he will.

love,
Micaela xo


last June on mine & darling friend's roadtrip of love, we made a lovely stop in D.C.

i finally got to see the Vietnam Memorial in person... and there are no words for the experience. No words.

i made an etching of my pappa's close friend who died in the war.

there really are no words to describe the feeling of standing in front of all the names of those who made the ultimate sacrifice.

to say i was incredibly humbled is still an understatement.


at work, we have the eternal flame shining outside our building.

It's a beautiful sight.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't have anybody close to me but i beleive it's important to remember and honor those who protect us.

Marisa said...

i pray for your brother everyday... along with my brother in law and my cousin in law.

great post. i would love to visit the wall. it must be quite an experience.

Micaela said...

M, i pray for your brother and cousin in-law every day too. every single day.

when you visit me in VA, we can take the train to D.C. and we'll go to the wall. promise me we will!

CC. said...

wow, what a powerful post. i took a step back today and it gave me goose bumps to think of all our veterans and how thankful i am for them. you should be so proud of your family love! i hope you had a nice day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails